Note to New Members ×

Big Sky lift tix deals?

johnstewart

Flying in the morning of Feb 11th to Bozeman. Hope to get some turns in at Big Sky yet the same day.

I've heard (second hand) that some resorts in CO will give you a free afternoon lift ticket if you show them a boarding pass from that morning. Is there anything like that at Big Sky?

Otherwise, any recommendations on the best way to buy tickets? I'll only have the 12-16th for full days of skiiing, so looking for 4 + 1/2 lift tix (including the first half-day).

thanks!

Depends howmany days you are riding?

Boyne offers a "Frequent Rider" card for $50 which gets you one $10 discount per day at Boyne Mt, Boyne Highlands OR Big Sky www.boyneusa.com

The best part of the offer was a ski free - 5 day period in early January.

http://www.bigskyresort.com/ontheslopes/bs_ch_ots_tix.asp

Good luck

Hi John,

I still hope to make it up and do some runs with you when you are here.

For 4 days, the frequency card probably isn't right for you. The one for Big Sky is actually $69, so your break even point on 4 days of skiing isn't worth it. I think I still have some coupons that allow me, with my season pass, to get you in for a full day at the half day price of $59.

Another alternative if you are a Costco member...

They have 3-day Adult Big Sky passes for $160, 2-day adult Moonlight passes for $70.00, and 2-day Youth Moonlight passes for $50. Members can even order them online rather than stopping at the store. The store guy told me quantity was unlimited.

Go to the main www.costco.com page and search for 'Big Sky Ski' or 'Moonlight Basin Ski'. The passes with show up.

If you are flying into Bozeman during a normal business day, your are only 9 miles away from the costco over on 19th Ave. right off the interstate.

I'll PM you with my contact info.

Chad

Thanks; sent you an email.

Not a Costo member and have to take a shuttle to the hill, so no go there, but if we hook up one day, I'd be happy to use one of your coupons. =)

No one had heard of any deal for a free/discounted ticket if you show them a boarding pass from that morning, have they?

I don't know if there is anything like that, but if you want to save some money that first half day, you could just run Moonlight Basin rather than Big Sky. That is if you wanted to try them both anyway. The Moonlight half day pass is only $35 vs. the $59 of the Big Sky half day pass.

Moonlight pass site:

http://www.moonlightbasin.com/ski/tickets-passes/lift-tickets.html

Moonlight will usually run you with a shuttle (free I think) from Big Sky over to their lodge.

I just got your email and replied.

• 2 weeks later...