Note to New Members ×

The Carver's Almanac 2007

Scott Firestone

The Carver's Almanac 2007 is up:

http://www.alpinecarving.com

The changes this year are minor, except for the major ones:

• Previously, the tuning page did not have enough photos. Now, there are arguably too many, including some LoupeVision™ photos.
  • Along with the tuning info, there is now a Base Oxidation Public Service Announcement.
  • The online video page is up to date. Carving has ridden YouTube's coat tails.
  • I put up a vintage hardbooting video roundup, so everyone knows what Jack is talking about when he reminisces about the days of the one-piece. Plus, there is a bonus video snippet of Jean Nerva explaining the essence of carving.
  • The resorts page has more info on Aspen, Summit County, and Utah. The cheap food listings will be useful for carvers attending the SES. I still dream about that Wasabi Caesar® salad.
  • The Hardbooter Price Almanac has been updated through 2006. Clicking on the stats button shows that the hardbooting GNP is on an upward trend.
  • There is now a Korean translation

On another note: I will probably not attend the SES, since I'm super busy at the moment. Bob Jenney will have to work overtime with the photo gear.

scott,

amazing additions to your already great site. how you find time to compile all the information, and take pictures is beyond me. and you find time for work, play, AND a "real" book!?

keep up the good work! or better yet, don't, and go make some trenches! :biggthump

-trent