Note to New Members ×

Eldora Reviews

acitarella

I live about 1 hour from Eldora. It is about 45 minutes west of Boulder. I haven't been there in years. It is a small ski area - maybe 5 chairlifts. I went there one day some time ago to work on my softbooting technique. I went over to the Corona lift (all the way around to the right). The run under the lift is a wide blue run that would be great for carving if it has been groomed.

The upside is that the Denver area has gotten slammed with snow in December and January and because Eldora is in the front range, it has gotten a lot of snow as well. Most of the areas farther west have had almost no snow since the 1st week of January. So, Eldora probably has some of the best snow in the state. Plus, it hasn't been warm so very little melting has occurred.

I'd say it's worth a try if you have time.

I did the same thing last season, spent the weekend in Nederland, (that was trippy), but I thoroughly enjoyed it. Thier slogan is "Friends don't let friends drive I-70") For a smaller hill, it was friendly, well run, had a decent array of Blue + groomers, some more knarly unkept stuff, which I'll play on too, and the Apres' was decent, even fun. They had a band outside on the deck, cold beer, met plenty of people (some cool, some stoned). There were a few other hard-booters as well, so I would rate the hill carver friendly, and would definately re-visit under similar circumstances.

Alg