Note to New Members ×

w00t! First turns!

dshack

I had my third day on alpine board, a 162 Ultra Prime that I bought from Klug. The first two days were spent trying to keep up with freeriders (including heavy chop and the trees in Heather Canyon at Meadows- bad plan) and fixing constantly-loosening burton unicant plates. There was a little carving in there, but nothing to be that proud of.

Today I hop on the board, think to myself, "angulate," and suddenly I'm carving across a mellow blue on my toeside edge with a hand skimming the snow. Shift my weight a little, and the heelside links up great.A few more turns, and I stop and look back at my tracks. They may not be perfect half-circles, but they're certainly trenches. At least until I wore out my quads, the turns were coming pretty effortlessly and smooth; I went back and forth between cross-over and cross-through.

The UP seemed great on wide stuff, but I think between its large SCR and my beginning nature, anything with a hint of steepness or narrowness tossed my carving off. I could kind of make it down, but it tended to be awkward turns until I was far enough down that there was a runout to catch my excess speed when I pointed downhill. Now I get why they build boards especially for carving at slower speeds...

I was out at Stowe the other week first time on my FP from klug, with a unicant on it as well as it just started rotating mid-run. That and a few other issues put me back on soft boots. How did you fix the issue? Did I put it together wrong? I know I tightened more than enough. Any help would be awesome. Thanks

dj,

-Make sure that the tabs engage on the side of the cant that tilts downward.

-The more the plates are tilted, the better they engage. -Tighten all the hardware a bunch before you leave, and check it when you get to the mountain. Maybe use some vibratite.

-Keep an eye out for fixed cant plates. I just ordered a normal one, and I'm going to try to find another. Unicants are basically the worst piece of snowboard hardware ever created.

Got a new one with my NOS Physics binders.

Haven't tried it out, looks too annoying, but here's the evil empire's instructions straight from the horse's mouth.

Legal size original...had to scan twice...We'll see if it's legible...Not too bad, if anyone wants the full size files scans email me.

post-182-141842227182_thumb.jpg

post-182-141842227184_thumb.jpg