Note to New Members ×

Youngest Carver?????

STP

I was able to convince my son, 12 years old, to try out the hard boots.:biggthump He has been riding since he was 4 years old and really enjoys the terrain park. Lately, he has been getting a little tentative in the terrain park with age and the realization that you can get spanked pretty hard on the rails. I rented ski boots for him, placed him on a 15 year old ZB soft carving board and went for 4 hours Saturday. He actually asked to go again on Sunday and ditched his friends to ride with the old dad. Almost brings tears to my eyes! He had a difficult time buckling into the old burton bindings, but all I did was buckle him in and then it was off to the races to the bottom of the hill. He said it was the most fun he has ever had on a snowboard and felt he had the more control than he has ever had on a board.

Are there younger kids out there? What are their ages? Does anyone have size 7-8 boots for sale? Any younger carvers in the North Bend, Washington area?

I was able to convince my son, 12 years old, to try out the hard boots.:biggthump He has been riding since he was 4 years old and really enjoys the terrain park. Lately, he has been getting a little tentative in the terrain park with age and the realization that you can get spanked pretty hard on the rails. I rented ski boots for him, placed him on a 15 year old ZB soft carving board and went for 4 hours Saturday. He actually asked to go again on Sunday and ditched his friends to ride with the old dad. Almost brings tears to my eyes! He had a difficult time buckling into the old burton bindings, but all I did was buckle him in and then it was off to the races to the bottom of the hill. He said it was the most fun he has ever had on a snowboard and felt he had the more control than he has ever had on a board.

Are there younger kids out there? What are their ages? Does anyone have size 7-8 boots for sale? Any younger carvers in the North Bend, Washington area?

Very cool!! Congrats!

Perhaps reward him with some intec stepins. He will love the ease of use and totally cool "James Bond" factor. Enjoy!!

Mondo point would be ideal. Then we can help you find some snowboard boots.

Photos of your son "Rippin" would realy be a big hit here you know? Right?

7-8 kids, or adults? There are certainly size 23 and 24 boots out there, and I would imagine women's tele boots go pretty small.

I've seen small sizes for adults on ebay.de with the blax vega model...lady boots; otherwise 23 or 24 mondo for adults should be available somewhere (deluxe?) but it is not so common; I know (i'm a girl) that in Europe I had to go for a 25,5 in stratos pro which is a half size too big because there were no 25 mondo in stock. At some point you need to make a choice....

Otherwise try yahoo auctions in Japan, japanese guys have usually smaller feet than westerners...or wait one year so your son got bigger feet:cool:

STP => that's really cool your son enjoyed hard boots! I'm the godmother of a 10 years old skier and I'm just waiting he got as 'big' as me so he could borrow my alpine boards and shoes:p

There are a few younger rippers out there. maybe I can covince his younger sister to try it out. The Mondo size is a 22-23 for the boots. Do the tele boots work well? He will outgrow the boots by next year so cost is a little better than function, but they do need to be better than rental ski boots. Thanks for all the reply's. We are going up tomorrow night and hopefully I can get him to run the gates for City League to see how that feels!!! I'll get some pictures.