Note to New Members ×

Garmont G-Fit liners

Joe D

I had them in my Garmont G-Ride boots. They are thermo-formable but not as good as Intuition or Deeluxe IMO. I molded them and found they didn't really form to my foot very well. They didn't really seem to swell up much either (maybe I didn't heat them up enough?) and my foot felt loose in the boot. I swapped them out for Intuitions and was very happy that I did. Mind you this was for BC skiing/touring. I don't know how you would like them for carving since they have that tongue instead of a wrap fit. Unless you really get them really dialed, I could see you getting a lot of discomfort on the front of your shin.

Yeah, I think they are to be molded hotter - the instructions I found online suggested 275 degrees F... was the foam softer than Intuitions?

I was thinking the tongue design might be better on my bony shins. I have liked various boots w/ tongues liners in the past. I'm not convinced the overlap design is better (for me at least - I know most love 'em)

My understanding is that they have 3 densities of foam. So the forefoot is soft (where I am needing it), with stiffer foam at ankle, and hardest in the upper cuff. It is apparently different foam than the EVA Ultralon stuff.

But the overlap design gives you effectively 2 layers thick foam, at least in front of your shin. When you tighten the upper two buckles, the compressive tension prevents any play or slippage of the 2 layers - they will flex like 1. So which is stiffer?

There is no plastic layer to the Garmont tongue.

The Garmont liner is also thinner overall.

to say for sure. It's been over a year since I had the Gfit liners in a boot, but my impression at the time was that the boot felt much more supportive with the Intuition liner. Part of that may be that greater volume of the Intuitions. The other reason may be that locked down feeling you get from the wrap around cuff as you mentioned.

It's not a huge investment really. Why not try them out, and if they don't work as well as you want, get the Intuitions. It's what I ended up doing.

aaaah like so many things I go about it backwards...already got the Intuitions,

- and not quite happy with them.

They've packed out a teeny bit from wearing around the house, but still very tight, very locked in, and I have low volume, narrow-to-average ankles and feet.

I don't know how guys with wide thick feet get them in the damn shells.

I would prefer a little roomier fit. Not heel lift or slop, just not so tight.

aaaah like so many things I go about it backwards...already got the Intuitions,

- and not quite happy with them.

They've packed out a teeny bit from wearing around the house, but still very tight, very locked in, and I have low volume, narrow-to-average ankles and feet.

I don't know how guys with wide thick feet get them in the damn shells.

I would prefer a little roomier fit. Not heel lift or slop, just not so tight.

Last time i've done them, just out of the oven I gave them a good stretch-job and I used some really thick socks... Cooling was really painful, but they came out quite nicely... That's all I can say since I won't be able to test them.. you know why from another thread... ;) Although I've spend some mad time switching and comparing boots/liners and I finally decided to keep 225-s...

The phrase "hell, Joe. They're reasonably priced. Get em and try em!"

just kept me thinkin' 'bout it. Reasonably priced? uh no, MSRP is $249 - buut I got a pair for less and they arrived today. Sooper nice construction. Slid right into the Raichle shells like they were cut for them. The height on the "High" model is perfect - don't get the mids or they'll prolly be really close to the top of the upper shell back.

Feet feeling pretty good, and not yet molded!

After I'm in & riding, I'll put up a review and pics. But out of the box, they seem like they would be a natural replacement for Burton's thermo's.

I hope I'm on to something here.