Note to New Members ×

Speedster as a learnin board???

kmagvette

Is an F2 Speedster Slalom (163) board a good board to continue learning to carve on? I am in the east where trails are narrow and crowded. Current board is a 151 FP, kinda small for me 5'9", 185, but I like how the thing carves at slow sppeds. I do overpower it when I go faster.

Thoughts?

151??? woah, that's gatta be terrifying at high speeds! my 162 is a little hard to work at higher speeds... but for the narrower runs here on the east and the slower speeds i prefer to go at this point in my progression it suits me fine. I think the 163 speedster would be a good choice, but youd have to ask somebody who's ridden it or who has more experience.

151??? woah, that's gatta be terrifying at high speeds! ...

Yup, I gotta be awake when the nose starts to load or i will get ejected. I just stay slower with the board.

Turns out that I was looking at a mis-advertised F2 Speedster GTS. I was told that these have the same geometry as the SL, just in a slightly softer flex profile. Since I don't know squat about boards in general, feel free to chime in on the GTS as well as alternatives.

I am looking for used boards in the $175-225 range; so far my short list is: Renntiger SL, Factory Prime, Speedster SL all in the 163->166 range. I don't know enough to be picky, so when a deal on one of these boards presents itself I'll go for it.

I need to maintain a short turning radius for the narrow trails back east. My primary concern is not buying a board that is way above my head and unwieldy on crowded trails - assuming it ever gets cold enough to make snow :mad:.