Note to New Members ×

Burton cant plates?

dshack

The other thing about the Unicant is that although there are four screws in the board, and four screws in the cant mount, there is really only the one swivel bolt holding you to the board - one bolt that if it goes, your connection to the deck goes too.

Burton made "fixed" cants and they pop up here and on the bay from time to time. They are black plastic, either round or "rectangular-ish" with a alu centerpiece (made in 3 and 4 hole flavors). The center piece bolts to the board (with SHORTER screws like the Unicant uses - don't use the regular ones and push out your base!) and your binding bolts to the centerpiece. Solid, no one-bolt breakage possibility.

There is a post with a picture here:

http://www.bomberonline.com/VBulletin/showthread.php?t=10303&highlight=wedge

The other thing about the Unicant is that although there are four screws in the board, and four screws in the cant mount, there is really only the one swivel bolt holding you to the board - one bolt that if it goes, your connection to the deck goes too.

This reminds me of something, let me think about it...

Ah yes, Catek bindings.

what angle are you looking for? these are burton three hole solid cants. I have a three and a six or seven. Also on the unicant thing you can firm them up a bit by shimming under the toe and heel area of your binding with a layer of stomp pad foam or thin rubber etc. this allows the binding to pull up on the upper part of the cant tightening that annoying slop.