Note to New Members ×

Live Music

willywhit

Since wavechaser's F2 thread got taken down(I mentioned this show and a few seemed interested) ,I just wanted to follow up on the Aussie Pink Floyd show last friday night here in Boston at Boston University's Agannis Arena.

Spectacular !

They're back on Tour on Europe in March

http://www.notaussiefloyd.com/content/view/12/18/ starting in Ireland.

This is one of those bands I've been meaning to see, for years. I've seen the "real" Pink Floyd a bunch of times and these Aussie guys were " spot on ". :biggthump

Complete with giant inflatible Pig for the song of the same name and a blow up kangaroo as well. It was one of those performances that sent chills up your spine.Lasers and smoke, great videos and ....the music was just mesmerizing. Probably the best "tribute" band I've ever seen. They're so good, they played for David Gilmour's 50th birthday party 10 years ago.

http://www.jambase.com/search.asp?bandID=26041&display=bio

Feel free to post similiar live music experiences. I love great concerts, this was one of them, for sure. (holding a lighter up over my head!)this sums it up: http://www.bbc.co.uk/liverpool/music/2003/07/oz_pink_floyd/review.shtml

post-123-141842222765_thumb.jpg

post-123-141842222767_thumb.jpg

We saw Trans Siberian Orchestra this year at the Verizon Center in Manchvegas. They are THE BEST live show I've ever seen. Lights, lasers, fireworks, everthing. At one point they told everyone in the audience to take out their cellphones and wave them over our heads, lighters in the crowd style, which was really cool to see.

For those of you who don't know the band, they are a rock group that does classical music. Their main focus is on Christmas music, but they do a few others as well. Remember the house with the christmas lights that were timed to the rock music? That's their music :biggthump .

Sounds like you a had a good time Willy, I too keep meaning to see them but never remember to buy tickets :freak3: .

but never remember to buy tickets- :rolleyes:

I showed up 10 minutes before the show started. One hippy offered the $37 seats at face without surcharges, passed. 2 minutes later, "who wants a cheap ticket ?" how much do ya wanna pay ? $20 bucks ....done ! :)

I ushered at the Orpheum Theatre in Boston for over 10 years and saw Trans Siberian a few times, pretty cool.

It cracks me up how people use thier cell phones for lighters now.....

To feel the warm thrill of confusion, that space cadet glow. I got me some bad news for you, Sunshine.

I took my wife to see Cirque Dreams and Mohegan Sun Thursday night. Totally awesome show, the Cabaret Theatre in small so the whole show is right on top of you. The contortionists are well lets just say that there is something about a woman who can rest her butt on the top of her head. The Trapeze artist (I guess that's what they call it) were very very cool. They also had a guy do a balance thing sorta like an Indo board but he had like 6 different levels of rolly things he was balancing on...as a 30 year skateboarder I was impressed :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: Overall I have to say that it was definetly one of the best shows I have ever seen and at $30 much less than a Cirque show in Vegas

• 9 months later...

had the good fortune of getting invited to see Turbo Negro last minute at The Paradise last monday night here in Boston. I'd seen them on Viva la Bam and they're pretty silly but kinda punk, from Norway. Big Bonus was that Mondo Generator was warming up( Nick Oliveri - ex of Queens of the Stone Age)

Great show ! Sold out and we got to hang out with the guys after the show, got the setlist from the sound guy and had them sign it.

I know , full on GEEKS, we are. :p Good times, tho :freak3:

Turbonegro Live - Raadhusplassen Oslo

Mondo Generator

Queens

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nz6Rq1Pvh0

Friends ?

post-123-141842235828_thumb.jpg

post-123-141842235831_thumb.jpg

post-123-141842235833_thumb.jpg

right on rusty ! I'll take a phil show over a ratdog show anyday. Redrocks, that should be a blast. Looks like they'll be back in boston in a few weeks too.

the pic is from the Tweaker center 2001. found it on pollstar.

Still have the SBH's as my primary boots but plan to step it up from swap meet boots to some Head Stratos this season. :rolleyes: Maybe too tech for me, tho.

Not fade away....... :cool:

edit: phil's such a goofball

http://www.phillesh.net/phil-vid/2007-07-20-fall-tour-go.html

super tech website, with a low tech webcam and jabbering hippys :lol:

post-123-141842235842_thumb.jpg