Note to New Members ×

WTB: Burton Factory Prime 167

skategoat

Chris:

It's for my kid, not me. I've ridden one. I thought it was quite soft and forgiving. In fact, I owned one until last year and I sold it for some unknown reason.

I know the 160 is a SL board. I thought the 167 was marketed as a softer GS board for lighter riders. Not sure about the 164.

Henry

Thanks but I think the 173 might be too long for a 5'6" 120lb-er. I'm going to try him on a 168 Volkl but wanted to pick up a 167 FP to compare. I had both in my posession at one point and sold the FP thinking it would be years before my kid needed it. I didn't think he'd grow this fast. I also recall the FP was softer than my Volkl which is why I think he could handle it better.

Three of us had the 1996 6.7 (metalflake blue topsheet) and it was a snappy gnarly ride (thus snarly), far more than the 5.7 - 20, the 5.7 - 18, or the 7.3 - 18. Thus my comment about the lack of friendliness.

Why not try your son on an Oxygen, the years with Titanal were medium soft but held an edge well. But let him ride the Volkl too, I think it will be a bit much for him at 120 pounds, but you never know. Wish I had something for him to try.

• 2 weeks later...