Note to New Members ×

12/8 Free @ Cannon

Enzo

I share the rest of the state. I like cannon :D . No, but seriously, I don't mind people going to cannon, as long as the jibbers stay out like they have forever. I like the fact that it has a crappy park and the people who go there go to ride the mountain because it's what they love. Like I said, hardbooters are always welcome, and I'll never complain about more of us there. What I think I'm trying to say is that it's awesome when people who respect what we have going at cannon come for a visit and add to our state budget, but people who draw graffitti and slash seats, break trays, bend lift bars, other types of destructive behavior (think loon/waterville crowd) aren't welcomed by anyone. So come on up! We're gonna be there next week tues-thurs, then hitting attitash on friday. See you there!

Damn. I was trying to keep this one quiet :ices_ange . Other carvers are always a pleasure at cannon though. Shhhhh. Don't tell anyone though. Enzo, you gonna be there?

Nope, I have to work. :freak3: I'm jealous of you mid-week riders!! As a teacher it creates way too much havoc cutting out midweek, but at least I get snow days off!!!! :biggthump

Pretty sure I'll be at Loon on Saturday.

That sucks. I hate riding on the weekends. I'm not going back to College until march of 07, so I have the entire season to ride constantly and be a ski-bum :biggthump:biggthump:biggthump . My friend has a condo in lincoln, so I even have a place to stay!

Where do you teach?

My senior physics teacher at pinkerton was this WICKED outdoorsy guy with a big bushy beard and he was basically the man. He loved skiing more than anyone I've ever known. He never showed up when it snowed....

That sucks. I hate riding on the weekends. I'm not going back to College until march of 07, so I have the entire season to ride constantly and be a ski-bum :biggthump:biggthump:biggthump . My friend has a condo in lincoln, so I even have a place to stay!

Where do you teach?

I teach at Plymouth HS. yeah...weekends can be a pain in the arse, but I'm not complaining.

Riding is riding. As long as it's enjoyable, do it! Awesome that you teach highschool. Even awesomer that you get that NH educator discount at cannon!

I purchased my Threedom pass back in April so I'm kind of stuck. I'm considering the Cannon NH Ed. pass for next season. I know the mountain is great, but I've only been a few times. How crowded/annoying does it get on a typical weekend? Drastically different than Loon & WV?

Utahbob, it should be an interesting day at Cannon with the wind.I can't make it but stay tuned and we'll put together a session soon. I'll bet snow looks pretty good after living in the desert. :rolleyes:

EDIT: tried to shoot you an email, it's blocked. Where are you driving up from ? I might be able to hit Cannon after all.

Tonight

Snow showers likely. Snow accumulation 2 to 4 inches. Lows in the lower 20s. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph. Wind chill values as low as zero after midnight. Chance of snow 60 percent.

[chancesnow]

Friday

Partly sunny with a 50 percent chance of snow showers or squalls in the morning. Snow accumulation around an inch except locally higher in any snow squalls. Cooler with highs in the mid 20s. Northwest winds 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 30 mph

I was there. It was ****ing colder than hell. I got in four runs and called it quits. It was so damned cold that my girlfriend's thermal lenses were fogging between the layers. Besided that, it was amazing. My friends and I were second in line for first chair, standing out there in the 6*F weather (no wind at that point) for about an hour before they finally opened the lift; it seems that a tree had come down and was leaning on the lift wires :confused: . There was 12" of fresh on the ground, with much more in the drifts, but alas it was so crowded that by the second run it was becoming classically cannon-i.e. Icy. After the first run I broke out my race board (I brought it up yesterday to ride at bretton woods, and still had it today, I didn't bring it for a powder day) and ripped down the mountain quickly so that I could get back into the lodge :eek: . It was really cold. The patrollers weren't even paying attention to the people ducking ropes, because you could see in their eyes that they wanted to as well. It was really cold. We ended up leaving once the wind kicked up, as it made the lift ride almost unbearable, and we figured that at four runs, we had gotten our money's worth. We all found it pretty amusing that despite the 12" of fresh and the fact that it was still dumping until about 11 that it was still icy and firm...god I love cannon :biggthump .

Did I mention it was cold up there?

If anybody is interested either shoot me an email or IM me on AIM @ snowgodCCR, I'm 100% free this winter (ski bumming for a semester :biggthump ) and we can hit cannon.