Note to New Members ×

WTB 180ish rock board

~tb

Looking for a solid 180cm plus rock board.

Had my first day out back on this east coast crap . . . made me realize that I need a rock board. Last years rock boards were retired at the end of the season, my new boards need to stay new. Looking for a decent 180 something for around $100. Dont care about scratches etc as long as the core still is safe (pop can be gone, but damaged core around the inserts is what scares me).

~tb

I know of a 182 Speedster (the grey one) for $100 plus shipping. Good camber and the usual little scratches on the nose & base. I don't think it has been ground and the base has only one deep scratch near the edge. All inserts seem ok to me.

~tb

I may have a Hot Blast 178 for sale in a couple weeks. It was a once-used demo bought last year in early February. I just picked up a Speedster RS 183 from you know where and if I like it once I've had a chance to run it through some gates I'll be looking to sell the Hot.

It is the 2003-2004 178 model shown here:

http://www.hammersnowboards.com/pro...s/2003_2004.php

I know the page says it is a 176 (typo) - but if you look at the topsheet in the pic you can see it is really a 178.

Full disclosure - I only raced and trained on this board and I estimate it has 20 days on it -BUT- when I bought it I stupidly agreed to the seller's (Shark's Surf in Quebec) offer of a free tune. Silly me. They scalloped the edges and made it quite base high. so, I gave it to Mike DeSantis to work his agic on, which he did, bringing the base to dead flat with a "world cup" race structure and then giving it a 1 degree bottom edge and 3 degree side edge. So it is fully race tuned but to do this Mike had to take an awful lot of p-tex off to get to flat again, so it probably won't survive too many more base grinds (I'd estimate one more). Right now the base is almost perfect and it was stored all summer with Dominator Zoom on it. It also has a slight depression and hairline crack in the topsheet where the rear TD-1 heel bumper pushed down in high-speed turns. I sealed the crack with epoxy and no water gets in - I don't think it really cracked any other layer than the topsheet graphic finish.

Anyway - long story I know. I expect I will probably sell it, and for a good price at that, considering the above (bought it for $450). It is pretty stiff and very "snappy". Edge length is 157cm / waist 198mm / sidecut 13.7m.

If you, or anyone else for that matter, wants to be notified when it goes up for sale - or if my RS 183 goes for sale instead (which I doubt) - let me know. The Hot is perfectly capable of being raced on, and has a fresh PTC grind as outlined above - I raced on it at the 2006 USASA Nationals...but the p-tex thin-ness etc. means it will sell for around that $100 figure.