Note to New Members ×

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.....

eaglez

I'm all over the place. I'm running the Rec Series for AOS so I'll be at a different hill every week in January and February. I hope you'll be bringing your kid out for some races. Schedule at www.ontariosnowboarders.ca

I helped out with Burton Chill last winter so I rode at Snow Valley a few times. I got about 3 turns then I was at the bottom. Still, I like the vibe of the place and the chalet is comfy. I'm not sure if I'll have time for Chill this year.

I try to get out to MSLM because that seems to be the de facto hub of hardbooting in S. Ontario. I find the drive to Blue too long and the potential for white-outs too great. If I make the trek to Collingwood, I usually bum an invite to one of the private clubs.

Keep us posted on the ride board and we'll meet up for some carving. Don't forget about SOS (Southern Ontario Session).

Henry

Well, it looks like the West is getting hammered with cold and snow. We just need to have it make it all the way here!

I was at Osler last year, it was a blast. Was in contact with Chris C. last week and he is getting the final arrangements in place for this year's get together. So that is great! I will have to play hooky a little more this year to get to MSLM during the week for some day riding at hardbooter central. I am normally at Blue thru the week at night. Or a few turns, as you said, at Snow Valley at night as well.

Later. :biggthump

I just got off the phone with the GM at Snow Valley and he tells me they might have enough snow to open this weekend. I found that hard to believe but he said they can make enough snow overnight to open a run or two.

I'm there for an AOS meeting on Saturday so I'll bring my rock board, just in case.

BTW, did you see that Lake Louise World Cup race on CBC? The racers were wearing these stick-on pads on their faces to ward off the frostbite. I've never seen that before.

-27 which is just the right temperature for a Canadian boy to take Gold.

I live in Barrie , 10 min from SV and really find that hard to believe. But stranger things have happened in the snowmaking world. The weather this weekend is supposed to be cold and continue to be cold, so they will be blowing snow non stop soon.

How come the your AOS meeting is there but they don't host any events this year?

D. :biggthump

I live in Barrie , 10 min from SV and really find that hard to believe. But stranger things have happened in the snowmaking world. The weather this weekend is supposed to be cold and continue to be cold, so they will be blowing snow non stop soon.

How come the your AOS meeting is there but they don't host any events this year?

D. :biggthump

We needed a place to meet near Barrie and Snow Valley was kind enough to offer us some space at the last minute after a previous venue fell through.

Great people at Snow Valley.

• 3 weeks later...