Note to New Members ×

UofA/Edmonton

Neuffy

Just checking if anyone attends the UofA and will be going on any of the ski club's trips this winter.

I'm thinking I'll try to go on all of them, and it'd be nice to have someone there to go with.

Alternatively, if anyone's going for weekend or MagicBus trips, we could see if we can work something out.

Hopefully I actually get a little closer to two years ago than to last year this winter....100 days two years ago, 2 days last year.

Yeah, I went on their HUB Panorama trip last year. I don't think it was DHR's fault, (rather that of the student organizers) but they explicitly promised me a two-bed, two-bedroom unit, and then delivered a single-bed, single-room. Panorama was amazing at fixing it though...they sorta overdid it. 2.5 Story, Two bedroom two bathroom, large living room :)

And the party-party? My trip was just sad. The DHR guy was trying to drum up excitement, and the majority foreign-exchange Asian students were just ignoring the guy, with everybody else just telling him to be quiet. Sorta felt bad for the guy, as that was sorta his job.

But in any case, yeah, I'll have a look at their stuff, as well as MagicBus. Thanks for reminding me of DHR.

• 3 weeks later...
hi allee,

sounds good! i don't know if there many hardbooters are showing up, in case of not we shurly will notice eachother on the slopes :biggthump

Don't bet on it, dude! Banff/Lake Louise over Xmas is a zoo, I missed Neil G both Xmases he was there!

I'll be up on Xmas Eve and again on the 26th, assuming the weather behaves. If you want to meet up then send me a PM from here and we'll work out a meeting place ...

There's a few hardbooters in the area, I'm really hoping that some of them will make an appearance over the break...