Note to New Members ×

Never Summer vs. Lib Tech

Phil

After much deliberation and many a sleepless night, I have made my decision. My Never Summer Legacy 174 has been shipped.

I really appreciate everyone's input. It really was a tough decision, so if anyone wants to donate the Lib Tech to me, I would be willing to try it and do a definitive comparison.;)

Anyway, in response to a few:

it may be slightly heavier so swing weight should be considered. nouf said!

That is a consideration, but at my size, and the fact that I don't huck spins, I don't think that it will be too detrimental. It could not be any harder than a GS board, right? You are probably more correct than you know, though. The contact length for the Lib was 6.5 cm shorter than the NS! That is a lot. I assume that the tip and tail are lighter that the rest of the board, so the swingweight is probably a lot less. My solution - if I want to spin more, I will have to go bigger. Like, I said, I don't like to huck spins, I like the right size jump for the right spin (according to my doppy slow spin speed).

The Never Summer FR boards (T5/Premier + ~Legacy) are really rockin' but maybe too damp and really heavy for freestyle. I had an SL (their freestyle board) from maybe 1999 or so - that was a poppy, snappy, great FS board. Looks like they don't make 'em big enough for you though, unless you can deal with a 168.

NS tells me that the Legacy is a wide and large version of the SL.

Thanks also to LeeW for the PM conversations. They were helpful - but after talking at great length to a rep from Lib and a rep from NS, I thought that the NS's ability overall would be better because of the greater running length.

I did find out that both boards have similar shapes - symmetrical sidecut, no taper, 1 inch setback. I think that they are both decent AMF boards. In the end, it is like wifey says - effective length matters.;)