Note to New Members ×

Alpine posters

Gleb

So I moved into my apartment right on Mission hill in boston near all the other schools in the area. We got an amazing apartment. We finished up the basement and we can blast music as loud as we want and you cant hear a thing. We just had a party with over 200 people and we made over $150 of profit a piece. Wouldve been $300 but my friend stopped charging people. :nono:

anyways, my room is the only one that doesnt have posters and I really need some alpine posters. Anyone know where i can get some vintage or modern ones? Or does anyone have any really high quality pictures I could blow up into a poster?

Once upon time I created poster for 25x38 cm printout @300dpi (in inches it makes something like 10"x15", but you can go higher, as you do not need 300 dpi for posters):

http://carving.grewu.org/poster/

When I look at it now, then I'd do couple of things differently, but this was my first try to blend several images into one and I'm more-or-less satisfied with result.

And in case someone wonders, what the heck "ojankaivajat" means, then it's "trench diggers" in Finnish. All the riders are Finns and this poster is devoted to Finnish carving forum, leaded by Pokkis.

Feel free to print it out and put on the wall. But no commercial usage, please!

For me to have that printed at 20x30" and mailed to you would run you $36. Shouldn't be a problem with all that party booty you've got lying around!

:biggthump

That pic will print well because what you see there is the original composition - I didn't have to crop anything, so there's plenty of data there for a good print.

wow, that looks nice. I wanna hang my board (and soon boards) up like u did with the sword. How do i go about doing that?

Go out, buy some dowels, screw them into the wall. If you want a stop so that the board doesn't slide down, put some thinner ones into the support dowels. I'll draw up some instructions if you want them ;)

________

Dodge Specifications

I think I downsized some pics to 1200 x whatever so if anyone needs a 1280 x whatever or whatever I might be able to send a desired sized version

some other pics I never got to asking for a big version since I had to drop the calendar for this season

anyone wants to print a poster with one of the images please contact me so I can ask contributor for thumbs up