Note to New Members ×

Return to rollerblades

jtslalom

My wife bought a jogging stroller for our 15 month old boy. I'm not really sure why since neither of us jog but anyway the stroller has large spoked rims and tires like you would see on a bicycle. The road department in our town just paved the road down the street from my house so I got a great idea. I strapped my son to the stroller and put on my roller blades and went out for a ride. What a workout! My quads were pounding after only about 15 minutes of pushing him around. Since then I've been out 5 times. It is a great workout, especially for those of us who have small children.

Yeah, Rollerblade workouts are great. Lower stress on the knees, great sideways workout, works the core a bit, all around a good thing. I have been trying to go at least once a week in the snowboard off season to keep in better snowboard shape (well that's in addtion to the swimming and biking).

Keep going man, and the good news is, as your kid gets fatter, the workouts get harder and you get in better shape. Now get the wifey out there with you!!!

Better yet, have another kid, spring for the double baby jogger and really work it. O.K., I'll be the first to admit, I stopped doing the rollerblade/baby jogger thing when we got the double. I would go back to it, but now I take them in a bike trailer and I love it.

post-175-141842219191_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

i skate (rollerblade) everyday to school. I live on a huge hill and I have to carve down and then climb back up on the way home. The carving down really gets me ready for skiing and going up just destroys my glutes. Thats on top of around 100 miles or so a week of casual skating around the charles river. I know I'll be ready