Note to New Members ×

Where do you store Duct Tape when Snowboarding?

Sinecure

OK, we all know that Duct Tape is indespensible in life. It is certainly something you want to have with you when snowboarding, especially when you go beyond the ski area boundary. When skiing you can wrap a bunch around your ski pole just below the grip and you've got part of a roll to use when you break something.

Anybody got a great idea for where to store some duct tape on our snowboards?

Just thought it would be a good question to contemplate while we're all waiting around for it to snow again.

Why do you need to carry duct tape on the slopes?

If you have an equipment failure, your probably going down to your car anyway. If its gloves, just carry a small backpack (with your lunch in it) and carry the extra stuff in their. you know, cell phone, ipod, digital camera, GPS unit, Walkie Talkie, sunscreen, snowboard tool or allen wrenches, Duct tape, wax kit, etc.......

If your going back country, then its in the pack automatically.

i just store a roll in one of my countless pockets on my jacket, liner, snowpants, or cargos. along with my multi-tool, extra gloves, a baklova, a goggle wiper cloth, my wallet, my season pass, a few tennis balls, my hat, my sunglasses, and occasionally my music :biggthump

a baklova,

You store sticky mediteranean deserts in your pocket? Doesn't that get messy?

a few tennis balls,

WTF?

I like the idea of making a small roll and putting it on my leash. Maybe I'll use a small piece of PVC pipe and wrap around that. I don't like having tons of stuff in my pockets. Its bad enough to have some snot rags, a clif bar, wallet, keys, chapstick, contact lens lube.

Maybe I could figure out a way to combine a small roll with a multi tool. I need to carry a multi tool again. I'm bound to get caught out with a loose screw one of these days, plus it seems I'm always coming across folks with broken or loose bindings and could help them if I had a tool. Hmmm.

You store sticky mediteranean deserts in your pocket? Doesn't that get messy?

sorry for the misspelling:p i was very hungry at the time. i meant a balaclava. and the tennis balls me and my friends roll down the mountain sometimes and chase after them when we're bored

Can someone please educate me and explain why you carry duct tape with you while being out riding?

I am having a hard time already not getting annoyed by carrying my car key and some cash in my pockets…

Thx

Ray

Duct tape can repair almost anything. Cracked boot shell? Duct tape. Broken board? Maybe duct tape. Ripped binding out of board? I bet I could duct tape my boot to the board and make it to the bottom. Don't have a 1st aid kit? Duct tape will close a would in a pinch (plus some folks use it to remove warts - takes a while). Slopeside bondage session? Duct Tape. Broken pipe? Duct tape. Torn ski pants? You guessed it...duct tape. I could make a pretty good splint out of some sticks and duct tape, or even a litter if I had to.

Duct tape can repair almost anything. Cracked boot shell? Duct tape. Broken board? Maybe duct tape. Ripped binding out of board? I bet I could duct tape my boot to the board and make it to the bottom. Don't have a 1st aid kit? Duct tape will close a would in a pinch (plus some folks use it to remove warts - takes a while). Slopeside bondage session? Duct Tape. Broken pipe? Duct tape. Torn ski pants? You guessed it...duct tape. I could make a pretty good splint out of some sticks and duct tape, or even a litter if I had to.

Makes sense. I must be a lucky guy, all these things never happened to me (yet). Hmm, maybe should start thinking duct tape now. Thanks

I once used duct tape to fix a broken binding that left me stranded at the top of Whistler's Peak Chair.

The front bail of my Blax plate binding on my back foot snapped due to ten years of stress and metal fatigue.

By wrapping duct tape around the top of my boot and around the whole front bail, I was able to make it back down to the base of the mountain without problems.

The bail was snapped clean. Luckily, I was lucky enough to be able to buy a Catek Olympic from the Prior shop that day, so my vacation wasn't shot.

Once again, duct tape saved my ass.

As a hardcore gearhead I love my gear therefore have implemented the mighty " duct tape " into my gear. ( as an elitist gear snob I actually carry lee valley tools gaffers tape)

I carry my tape wrapped around a hand formed Kydex sheath that I made for an old burton/red credit card tool.

Duct tape is worth more than gold when stuff breaks in the field in my opinion.

Read on for the rest of the crap I carry

other dont board with out items in my pockets and pass lanyard

- leatherman tool

-small screwdriver

-small plastic container of m6 n m8s

-allen key

-my raichle boot allen key

-board lock

-$20 bill

-whistle

-shoelace

-condo key

-tinfoil space blanket ( a two hour dangle on a chair lift

added that to the pockets)

Everything is included on either pass lanyard or in a goggle bag

in pants thigh pocket, that way guaranteed to come with

Thats the in bounds carving carry package, guaranteed every

day.

Need to add to the collection now that I think of it.

"tee nuts" and bolts for both raichle buckle rivets and the ankle

pivot.

Dave*