Note to New Members ×

need a new board/bindings and boots

Guest teceno

Guest teceno

I wiegh about 155lbs im 5'5 and i only have an oversized freestyle board... I want a new carving board, hard boots and plate bindings... im broke cause im a student... where (or from whom) can I get a good deal... $600 or less if possible

Thanks,

Teceno (wannabe carver extraordinaire)

i think my boot size is mondo 25 (25 cm from heel to toe) my other boots are size 10 US

you sure you're a 25? my softboots are 10 1/2s and my mondo is 28.5... i dont want you spending 100+ on a pair of boots that are wayy too small for you, but if thats what you measure out to be then bomber sells an inexpensive hardboot for beginners and those strapped for cash in that size: http://www.bomberonline.com/store/boots/raichle_sb_413.cfm. Measure again to make sure you have the right size before ordering! $150 is a great price for hardboots, most other boot will cost more than twice that price. The most inexpensive board in a size you'd want is a Burton Ultra Prime on Klug's website... he sells the leftover burton stock that they couldnt manage to sell. https://www.klugriding.com/‘98-‘99-ULTRA-PRIME-Alpine-Racing-Snowboard_1011-snowboarding-gear.php. The board is $175. The cheapest bindings i could find on sale are F2's "carve RS" sold through bomber. Im sure if you lurk around the "for sale" section of this forum you'll be able to nail a cheaper pair of bindings (although used) but in case you dont feel like waiting heres the link: http://www.bomberonline.com/store/bindings/F2_Carve_RS.cfm. they are $200, and they are great bindings from what i hear *ask around to make sure they are compatible with the 3-hole burton insert system if you wind up with a burton snowboard!* im fairly certain they are, but i havnt owned them so i dont know for sure. I believe thats an entire "new" setup for $525. If you can find a cheaper used setup, go for it.

Another thing you could do is go around visiting the snowboard shops around your area and ask the owner if he/she has any leftover alpine gear lying around somewhere. many shops still have leftover alpine gear in their basement that theyre willing to sell for cheap.

the BOL store section has some great deals on demo boards that are now about half off for basically new boards. and in the For Sale section wannabe is selling TD1s for 130 including shipping as well as some other boards and boots (on second glance it might have all just been sold ... but still check out the for sale section). worth a shot

• 2 weeks later...

Teceno,

I have two boards both close to ten years old. One is a Burton e-deck 156 and the other is a Rossignal Race Vas 166. Both boards have Burton race plates. I was wondering what kind of freeride board you have. I'm looking for a wide, long and stiff freeride board. If you are willing, we can make a trade. If you are interested post your interests.