Note to New Members ×

which f2

philw

Ok, it's time I bought a new piste board. I don't ride the hardpack much, but when I have to it's good to have the right gear to do it. I already have enough boards, but I don't have an F2 and as I live on this side of the pond I reckon I should have one of those.

Has anyone ridden their slalom board... I wonder how that compares with other stuff? The F2 Silberpfeil looks a bit too tame for my liking. I don't want the RS as I know what those are going to be like and most pistes aren't big enough...

Blue-tomato has F2 demo boards for sale pretty cheap. Maybe you're in an area close to where they have a demo day for F2? I think you'd probaby like the SL, from what I hear they are a light, snappy board, similar to Renntigers in performance. Of course I'm always willing to try all three types, RS,SL, & Silberpfiel out for you if you want a detailed analysis....... :D

I ride their SL and RS models and have since the mid '90s. I love them. I have demo'd many others, but I always come back to my F2's. I work at a small mountain and I would have to say that out of the boards that I ride (FS, FR, SL, and GS) the F2 SL is hands down my favorite. The RS would be if I was at a bigger moutain with less crowds. The SL is a very capable board. It was compared above to the Renntiger - I did not like the RT. I bought one and sold it within a week. The guy that I sold it to was a solid rider (but smaller) who still loves the thing. I think that the F2 is more solid for me, but I am a big guy. I can't imagine that you could go wrong with the SL.

Thanks, I think I'll take a chance on one of those. I generally ride 163 piste boards.. at my weight (62kgs) they'd have me on a 158.. I guess I'll have to take a chance on that as I can't actually try these out anywhere I'm likely to be riding.

I hope the board has a fair bit of camber and pop, so I can push it hard and get some response from it.