Note to New Members ×

Looking for a team

Guest Blair Englebrecht

Guest Blair Englebrecht

Hey,

My name is Blair I live in Colorado Springs and am trying really hard to get into the racing community, but I can't find a team. I'm a junior at Cheyenne Mountain high school. I'm a varsity athlete in track and volleyball, but I really would rather race on a board. I have had some success racing in the past, such as I won the western division of the mountain dew vertical challenge at Steamboat springs last season, beating all female boarders. I attended 2 weeks of snowboard cliniques at Mount Hood Summer Ski camp in june and my coaches told me I have the potential to go far in this sport. However, I am having trouble finding a team in Colorado to train and compete with.

I can provide my own transportation to weekend events.

Can anyone provide me with some information that will help me find a team or coach for the upcoming season? Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi Blair

There are a few teams in Colorado that support racing. The Copper team that Lee has given you the link to is one of them. The Coach is Sean MacCarron, and he is excellent. His team is growing in popularity every year, and his racers are doing really well. This is Sean's direct email.

Another team is the one in Steamboat Springs, http://new.sswsc.org/snowboard/. The head coach is Thedo Remmelink, and he has successfully coached many people to World Cup status as well as Olympians. Being an ex-Olympian himself, he understands all the passion and diligence needed to get you to your goals. He also has excellent coahes working for him with the teams.

There used to be a team in Vail, but I don't know if it will happen this year. You might want to contact Vail Resorts directly.

There is also a team in Aspen, AVSC and you can contact Jim Callen who is in charge of that. I don't know much about his team but he seems to be very dedicated to advancing the riders to the best of their abilities.

If you have more questions, feel free to email me directly. Good luck!

Vail, I haven't heard one word from Boyd or Nathan Park, so I bailed out on 'em and went off to Copper. I take it they may be folding under, considering Anton Pogue's out in the NE trying to recruit some killer kid alpine rider. This was last fall. So sorta old news.