Note to New Members ×

FREE ! Burton hardboot bindings

Dave ESPI

Dave, I don't think anyone should try riding those binding but it would be a shame to trash them.They belong on an old PJ or something from that era.Perfect for the wall of a skihouse playroom/bar. I'm in Boston and could meet you the next time you're here or even on the Cape. Someone else wants them, DERF ,go for it but I really wouldn't ride them. I think my buddy still has his old Megaflex boots too.On a Safari, they would look schweet !

My powder/rock board is a 1993 Burton Air 6.1, a real noodle, (almost) same year as the bindings. These were the same bindings that were mounted on the first alpine board that I rode, a 1994 Burton PJ 6.0 (and that got me hooked on alpine). I am average weight (170 lbs.) and I don't ride hard (I rode Burton Performance plates without any problems on my alpine board until last year when I got some Catek OS1 bindings).

Edit: If someone is a collector and wants them for display, they have priority. I just don't want them destroyed. At least, the disks can be usefuls for my Freestyle bindings (the ones mounted on my Burton Air). Yes, the disks fit in my bindings.

I'd feel terrible if anyone got hurt on the bindings if they rode with them.

AS an instructor, I'm constantly kicking people off teh hill for bad equipment, or sending them to the rental/ repair shop.

No point in being STUPID in a dangerous sport. Considering how these are USED , and show some wear, I'd not reccomend them for hardcore riders.

then again, I'm of the mindset that years ago bindings were made far better than the junk of today for the mostpart, but that too in of itself is hit-and miss as a statement.

Anyone who wants them, they are still avail.

typical BOL behavior. something is FREE and 2 pages later we have had people flake on picking them up, and a huge discussion on them.

absolutely hilarious. poor Dave!

come on people...someone just grab them. FREE means dont make such a hassle out of it. :freak3:

I've paid for them. Thanks Dave!

Edit: I just want to mention that I'll be using these to try out setups in my living room since I've sold my TD2s. If I see they're in good condition, maybe I'll use them on bunny hills. I'm planning to get some X-bones or similar binding for the winter.

Matt: If you can find those 4-hole disks, I want them.

• 7 months later...

Wait a minute, Why all the deletions? This isn't fair to me or anyone else viewing this thread.

snowspeedster:

Well, will SOMEBODY take them and hang onto them for another 50 years???

By then, Bryan's future kids (who will have inherited www.oldsnowboards.com) will pay big bucks for them! :)

Old Snwoboards:

I have yet to see a thread that is begging to be deleted more than this one.

Please, "pull the plug" and put it out of it's missery!!

Dsub:

quite replying to it then? seems logical.

Old snowboads:

dave, you are such a putz

old snowboards:

Quite?

Or quiet?

Or QUIT already?