Note to New Members ×

Must be a slow day everywhere...

tex1230

Jeez, yes...it's slow....

I'm at 9 days until I can walk again.........I won't plan on getting on a longboard until I'm back up to my usual training regimen for the bike and proficient with the 2 balance boards I got....so, looking at Sept before a little street carving

I have been nothing but a lurker for two months. I have posted a few short messages, but only when highly motivated to change my routine. I went OTB on my MTB and now my arm is ASU.;) I am just now getting back to being able to type with two hands again.

Being a stay-at-home dad of a two year old and nine month old, it has been challenging.

Skatha - I can't decide whether I would rather be in your shoes or not - walking, or being able to tie shoes and change diapers. Neither injury is a winner.:nono:

Here are some pics that are not for the squeamish.

Broken radius, dislocated distal ulnar head, 1 plate, 6 screws, and 2 pins. Fun for the whole family.

Arm%20%20Ill.jpg

Fx%20Radius%20-%20Disl.%20Ulnar%20head%20IIa.jpg

Fx%20Radius%20-%20Disl.%20Ulnar%20head%20a.jpg

You definitely win the "most impressive hardware" award...

I got the OTB and MTB bit

?ASU?

sorry, my acromyn acumen hasn't been the same since I separated from the USAF....

Broken arm...changing diapers....both unpleasant....

Would breaking my arm be worth getting out of changing diapers?

You're a tough dood, dood...

Skatha - weren't you awarded any hardware? (can't remember)

ASU - All screwed up

I am just glad that I don't have to be a lurker now that I can type again. I also thought that those pics would be good for Tex's "slow day".

No, a broken arm is not worth getting out of changing diapers. I only got out of it for a couple of days while I was hospitalized and my wife was off of work. After that, it was "suck it up" time. There were days when children's services would have carted me away - imagine a six and a half foot 230lb guy using his feet and legs to hold down a squirming baby just so he could put a diaper on with one hand.

Skatha - weren't you awarded any hardware? (can't remember)

- imagine a six and a half foot 230lb guy using his feet and legs to hold down a squirming baby just so he could put a diaper on with one hand.

Naw....I did that on occasion, too...my son was a bruiser and if he didn't want to lay down for a diaper change.....well, I used all means necessary...

I've just got 2 screws from my OR trip....

A much better acronym-FUBAR! Certified military....

A much better acronym-FUBAR! Certified military....

Don't forget FIGMO and it's less well-known opposite OMGIF. A Long Trail Ale to the first to correctly identify the latter two.

Take heart! At 8:26 a.m. EDT this Thursday, June 21st, the earth begins to tilt in the proper direction! Someone else pointed this out a week ago but I wanted remind everyone in case that want to hold some sort of special celebration.... :biggthump:biggthump

F-it, got my orders...

Oh my god I'm finished?

not 100% sure on the 2nd one.

Close enough. OMGIF was uttered when you got the orders you didn't want. We had just graduated from Weather Observer Tech School at Chanute AFB, IL in 1966 when I overheard the guy who graduated dead last in our class complaining about a less than desireable assignment. He said he was OMGIF - Oh my God I'm F***ed!

Since you live in CT, plan on joining me at Okemo this winter for your free Long Trail!

On another note, I bought a Tony Hawk hemet cam and want to try it out following other carvers this winter. It only shoots at 15 frames a second and is pretty jerky but a cool novelty nonetheless. I tried it out yesterday while riding my bike and drafting behind my wife. She just lost 40 pounds so she doesn't mind me filming her from the back side. You can access the short video at http://www.mtlski.com/video/draftingoffpenny.wmv but turn down the sound if you're at work. I added a music track.

was that the woot from a few weeks ago?

a little choppy but not too bad.

Yep, that was the Woot. At the price it was a pretty good deal. I wouldn't pay full freight for it.

When I was active duty, a local fav was "BOHICA"

Bend Over Here It Comes Again

That's a new one to me. At our induction at Ft. Holabird, MD (9/26/66 - some dates you just don't forget), we were lined up stark naked as the Flight Surgeon walked down the line. He said "Okay, bend over and spread your cheeks". The guy next to me (honest to God) bent over, stuck his a finger in each side of his mouth and was tugging as hard as he could. At least something memorable happened on my first day of active duty.

Skatha, when were you in?