Note to New Members ×

Alpine slide warning

skatha

I used to work at the alpine slide at Vernon Valley/MC at the time it was called Action Park but went by the nicknames Traction Park or Accident Park. The alpine slide was the most accident prone of all the attractions. The slide is made of a fiberglass type mat. and when flesh slides across it on a hot day the flesh tends to stick to the slide. One time I was working at the middle of the track to report any accidents and this Jamica guy comes flying down the track and loses it around one of the turns. I ask him if he was alright, he said he was but it look like the black had been spray painted on his body because on his arm the flesh was white...no blood just white craziest thing I ever saw...

I also used to ride at the old school Vernon/Accident Park area. The alpine slide was crazy. The brakes barely worked. It was sooooooo easy to just fly right out of the track, never mind that there were multiple people on the same track at the same time. That place was like a big meat grinder for people. People were always getting sucked into the wave pool, drowning, falling off of the ride towers, peeling their skin off on the alpine slide, fighting, drinking, bottoming out on the bungee jump tower. If you weren't sore and bleeding when you got home from that place then you didn't go on any of the rides. Ahhhh, memories...

I also used to ride at the old school Vernon/Accident Park area. The alpine slide was crazy. The brakes barely worked. It was sooooooo easy to just fly right out of the track, never mind that there were multiple people on the same track at the same time. That place was like a big meat grinder for people. People were always getting sucked into the wave pool, drowning, falling off of the ride towers, peeling their skin off on the alpine slide, fighting, drinking, bottoming out on the bungee jump tower. If you weren't sore and bleeding when you got home from that place then you didn't go on any of the rides. Ahhhh, memories...

Its was a great place. How's the drive-in this year Erik?

I went on an alpine slide in Rotorua, NZ-it was supposedly the fastest in the world-they required you to pick a neon yellow bike helmet out of a bucket before you went up and had to wear the ill fitting nasty, sweaty helmets when on the slide. I don't know how well it would have worked if i crashed but i guess it was something.

I went on an alpine slide in Rotorua, NZ-it was supposedly the fastest in the world-they required you to pick a neon yellow bike helmet out of a bucket before you went up and had to wear the ill fitting nasty, sweaty helmets when on the slide. I don't know how well it would have worked if i crashed but i guess it was something.

I've ridden that one a few times, until the last time I slid out on a corner, speared into the sand trap and nearly chopped myself in half on the steering. I was really happy to be a female that day!

However, the one in Queenstown is on the list of must do's for the trip back to NZ in September... along with zorbing, blackwater rafting and the Fly By Wire...