Note to New Members ×

WARNING - Please do not buy or sell from this member

jeffch

jeff...why would you send something to someone without receiving payment?

and how in the world could someone convince themselves that upon receiving goods that arent to their liking they can just KEEP the product?

cant wait to hear the other side of this one

Like I said, I've learned my lesson about sending something without payment.

Like I also said, I've always found that the members on Bomberline are pretty upstanding...

To be clear, I supplied a photo, and an accurate description of the liners - 100 days of use, molded once.. and the price was cheap, based on him telling me he was in the midst of replacing all his gear after hurricane Wilma...

D-sub,

I had done a similar transaction with JoelP where I purchased his coiler. After a few emails, he sent me the board in good faith. I even offered to send him a deposit out of good faith but he trusted me. I sent him full payment promptly after receipt. He is definitely a stand up guy. It's BOL members like that where I'm most likely to spend my money on or sell product to.

Yes, it's not recommened that we do buisness like Jeff's situation but there are some pretty credible people on this forum. I would do business again with JoelP or some other regulars here in the manner in which I described but most likely, I would request payment before shipment. Like any transaction, buyer (or seller) beware.

In Jeff's case, I hope it works out. In any event, thanks for the heads up.

bro I'd send JoelP my HOUSE, my CAR, and my SAVINGS and ask them to hold them for me for 2 years and STILL not worry about it!

in fact...he sent me a board, too...just said pay me when you get it, and of course I did. I thnk I sent him a pair of boots the same way.

of COURSE some people are complete standup types. Guess you never can tell.

jeff...why would you send something to someone without receiving payment?

and how in the world could someone convince themselves that upon receiving goods that arent to their liking they can just KEEP the product?

cant wait to hear the other side of this one

Well, you could just as well say "why in the world would you send payment to someone without having received product?"

At which point, the classifieds section would fall apart.

Active BOL members have way too much to lose by screwing someone on a deal, and I've happily accepted personal checks and so on for payment from folks with high post counts who are known by other members.

Not likely to buy or sell from new members though, especially the ones with posts like "BRND NEW BURTON FRESTILE BOARD!!!!! ITZ DA SHIZNITTY $400 CASH ONLY OKTHX!!!! :):):)"

you know what though, dan? somehow keeping someone's goods without sending payment is easier than keeping someones money without sending the goods. psychologically...

in this case it sounds like the recipient somehow justified it to himself. Of course we'd have to hear his side, too.

• 3 weeks later...
D-sub,

I had done a similar transaction with JoelP where I purchased his coiler. After a few emails, he sent me the board in good faith. I even offered to send him a deposit out of good faith but he trusted me. I sent him full payment promptly after receipt. He is definitely a stand up guy. It's BOL members like that where I'm most likely to spend my money on or sell product to.

Yes, it's not recommened that we do buisness like Jeff's situation but there are some pretty credible people on this forum. I would do business again with JoelP or some other regulars here in the manner in which I described but most likely, I would request payment before shipment. Like any transaction, buyer (or seller) beware.

In Jeff's case, I hope it works out. In any event, thanks for the heads up.

bro I'd send JoelP my HOUSE, my CAR, and my SAVINGS and ask them to hold them for me for 2 years and STILL not worry about it!

in fact...he sent me a board, too...just said pay me when you get it, and of course I did. I thnk I sent him a pair of boots the same way.

of COURSE some people are complete standup types. Guess you never can tell.

Defintly have to agree with you guys on that. He gave me a killer deal on a board, sent it to me and told me to send the money whenever I got the chance. Pat Donnelly did the same thing. Experiences like that make me much more likely to buy from classifieds than ebay.

I too like to think the best of people and all intents are not to steal :(

I had a garage sale this past weekend. It was really hot out. I put up an " Honor system" sign and scumbags stole my stuff AND the money I had put inthe jar to "give them the idea" where to put the cash.

really sad what our world is comming to when I look out my window and watch people steal.

I too like to think the best of people and all intents are not to steal :(

I had a garage sale this past weekend. It was really hot out. I put up an " Honor system" sign and scumbags stole my stuff AND the money I had put inthe jar to "give them the idea" where to put the cash.

really sad what our world is comming to when I look out my window and watch people steal.

It's sad that people can do things like that and have no regrets or moral issues. I've been screwed on some deals and just like to think that they may be able to hide from me, but they can't hide from their karma. It'll get ya everytime.