Note to New Members ×

FR/DH Mountian Bike Help

mnfusion

Couple questions here:

1. - I am building a FR/Light-duty DH bike for use in the Minnesota/Upper Midwest area. I have a Mountian Cycles San Andreas frame and need a shock for it. I was looking at a Marzocchi Jr T but am wondering what are the advantages/disadvantages to a duel crown fork? WHat Fork would you all recommend and why? etc...

2. - I also need a wheelset. I was thinking of the azonic Outlaws, but am open again to rider suggestions.

3. - Finally brakes. I have only ridden Hayes and was thinking of the Mag HDs. Is this a good choice or are there any other suggestions for 8" hydrolics that won't break the bank?

Also I am very open to used equipment so if anyone is cleaning out their basement and has some equipment they need to dump let me know.

Thanks everyone.

About a triple Crown and single crown fork, if you want to do some trick riding and barspins, go with a single crown. If you want something that will snap your heat tube off without breaking the fork, go with the triple.

Most newer single crown have more lockout and travel length adjustments than triple crowns. (Makes climbing and flat riding a breeze) If you want beefiness in a single crown, make sure the stanchions are the same size as the JR t and you shouldnt have many problems.

Also I would go with the hayes brakes also. I have the HFx 9's and no problem except poor bleed jobs by yours truly. I did however upgrade to stainless braided lines which change the feel of the brakes for the better.