Note to New Members ×

Is that a snowboard?

Sinecure

Apparently Mr. Doobie successfully crossed the water in the annual Alpine Meadows Pond Skimming competition today. I just got a report from a friend who was there. He was on his Donek monoski.

Where's that picture of Doug Dryer waterskiing on a carving board?

Gleb, :nono:

don't need to encourage "Mr. Tiny Pecker", he's always going to be jealous of the "big boys" around here...

I volunteer to represent us...at least he won't need a sock to have a bigger package than me

:lol::lol::lol:

Gleb, :nono:

don't need to encourage "Mr. Tiny Pecker", he's always going to be jealous of the "big boys" around here...

I volunteer to represent us...at least he won't need a sock to have a bigger package than me

folks. skeezrule is satire. dont take it seriously

im pretty sure this entire thread is one big long running gag, but somebody might just want a hard animal to ride up and down:D

hard animal, eh?

I had a friend that used to ride a monoski. damn that scared me. but he was good at it! I have some pics layin around somewhere of him doin some pretty big airs onthat biatch

yes, notice the tip says "hard" and the blue lettering says "animal"... ive never actually seen a monoski, it looks way too difficult for me... how do you recover after falling? and the embarassment when youre tumbling uncontrollably on that bright neon freakstick!:(

yes, notice the tip says "hard" and the blue lettering says "animal"... ive never actually seen a monoski, it looks way too difficult for me... how do you recover after falling? and the embarassment when youre tumbling uncontrollably on that bright neon freakstick!:(

honest to god the only person Ive ever seen ride one more than just passing by was my friend Kevin, and I never saw him fall! we were only riding at Bear Mountain mind.

Gleb

skeezrule has been around for a bit, and the posts are always so over the top you cant help but notice they're satirical

Here's a picture of that Lee Dube (I like the Doobie spelling better) with someone named McConkey (I've heard he's an OK skier, but not really sure :p ) riding a monoski set up tandem. This was from the Squaw, Lake Cushing Crossing a year or two back. Fun pic:

mcconkey_dube_pondskim.jpg

I just figured out the name of that ski... "hard animal" :D
:lol: :p so funny!

BTW I was very surprised to notice that last season in europe some people were still riding those monoski! As for me it was very fashionable just before the big "come out" of snowboards ( it was kindda late though ...in 93 it was already the begining of the end of alpine gear as I learnt);

I guess at this time there wouldn't have been snowboards I might have tried one of those as I was a 'getting into being a bored' skier :sleep: ....BUT just the idea of doing monoski was painful for my knees, who knows why:cool:

Yeah monos were big here, when you guys were either in nappies (look it up) or on miller softs.

It's kind of like the joke with the bulls and the cows for me: I want to ride them all. I've no problem with people who can only ride (say) soft boots/ hard boots/ skis/ whatever, but it's kind of sad that your perspective is so limited.

There was a time when people laughed at my snowboard. I'm not sure if they were still laughing after I rode rings around them: wankers. I don't know about you guys, but I can rip a mogul field faster on a mono than most people you'll see at a resort can ride it on their fashion gear. Make sure you're actually on your stuff before you laugh too much.

It's not painful on the knees for similar reasons snowboards aren't.

I believe the ski at the top of this thread is an old Duret

:lol: :p so funny!

....BUT just the idea of doing monoski was painful for my knees, who knows why:cool:

Monoskiing has tremendous potential in the adaptive market because it is so easy on your knees. There have been one legged individuals who could ski a monoski with a prosthetic and you didn't even know they were missing a leg. Many people with bad knees choose monoskiing. When I tore my MCL, the first thing the doctor allowed me to go back to was a monoski. With both knees tied together, you have a great deal of support.

Gleb

skeezrule has been around for a bit, and the posts are always so over the top you cant help but notice they're satirical

never noticed.

It's kind of like the joke with the bulls and the cows for me: I want to ride them all.

thats exactly how i see it. I just want to be able to do it all. I want to have lots and lots of options. I know eventually I will get into the monoski market but it will defintly have to wait a while. With my knee going bad already (I'm just turning 20, probably stress fracture or something) it seems more likely i will have to step off my skis and into a monoski sooner than i thought.

Monoskiing has tremendous potential in the adaptive market because it is so easy on your knees.

hum...I didn't know that, interesting! i was just describing a feeling I had at that time, I was young and not looking too much into details but it's good to know even now anyway.

But well let's see the bright side of the moon:D , I do snowboard with hardboots even 13 years later:o and UNFORTUNATELY I have no opportunity to be on slopes very often to be "good" at all kind od winter sports, have to make some choices....

sean. that monoski. put a 4 hole pattern on it. please.

I have some ideas with respect to hole patterns and inserts, but I really want to see some sales first. It will involve a lot of work to develop a system that allows ski bindings to be mounted via an insert pattern. Unfortunately Line has stopped making bindings, so there is not currently any ski company supporting such an effort.