Note to New Members ×

Advice on RAB(Not BTS) adjustments

Galen

Just got a set of RAB's to replace the forward lean mechinism that I blew out a couple weeks ago. I've searched some on the sight, but would like some personal opinions on lubing, upside down installment vs right side up, what adjustments for softest forward lean(I'm 150 lbs) etc... I'd realy like to get close to the riding in walk mode feeling, with out risking injuring myself from equipment blowout ;)

is cut most of the housing off, here is a picture

http://www.bomberonline.com/VBulletin/showthread.php?t=7494&highlight=Rab+mod

you could probably get some springs that are softer from mcmaster

Thanks Bob, I shulda been more specific. these are just to tide me over till the BTS's are back on line. Not interested in doing any mods, just minor tweaks/tricks to get them to perform softly. Thanks

HST is right

my biggest issue was the spring was jamming up on the housing, thus making the boot crazy stiff at moments

maybe try to find a spring that has a smaller gauge than the ones used also you could probably also use no spring at all, just either cut a small length of pipe so the bottom of the brass tube does not get hung up if the boot flexes way forward but the boot may not even be able to flex that far so it might not be needed at all