Note to New Members ×

F2 Speedster vs F2 Silberpfeil

Gleb

I have both - 03/04 Speedster GTS 166 and a 168 04/05 Silberpfeil. I don't think the GTS is the Speedster you want so I'll tell you about the Silberpfeil.

The board likes steeps and it is exactly as described "carving machine". There is no hold limit, carve as hard as you want - you never wash out and it's super fast going from one edge to the other. Riding it flat fast is not good, this board wants to carve - it don't like fast blue runs. You can go slow, you can go fast - as long as your hand is ready to grab snow you feel at home, it's only drawback: too much carve. Cuts easily through slush on groomed but sucks off-piste, it sinks.

why not get a Donek for the same coin, more durable construction and rides just as well if not better

plus, Sean gives you a free shirt with your board as well as killer service :biggthump

what do you wanna do with your next board, you already have a decent mid sized freecarver, its always nice to have something that is happy at high speeds with a SCR of 15 or more

Anyway, the speedsters in the longer sizes are good boards some swear by them

leon, i don't plan on really going off piste with it. At the mountain i ride 80% of the time, there is only groomers.

Bob, which donek do you recommend? I want a new board because my friend is using my ultra prime next season. D-sub, I've read all those reviews and all of them got

Next season, I'm getting into NASTAR for fun, just to screw around, nothing competative. A new board for free carving and for ski gates would be cool. Waay too many good boards out there, I don't know which to get!!

The Speedster changes direction like a tennis ball thrown against a wall. They hold and rebound very well.

The Silberpfeil holds and rebounds beautifully also. I would say it is a bit milder and smoother to ride than the Speedster...which makes it a very friendly board yet with high performance.

I tried a Donek, a Madd and a Silberpfeil on the same conditions at SES and I liked the F2 the best.

Tim,

If you are ready? Lets talk about where you will be riding this weekend?

PS> Just for you! I picked up a couple F2 alpine boards. Now we can play with the Conshox too!

F2 183 Race Stock

F2 186cm (silver top) , very friendly big board!

Contact me directly.

Look forward to seeing you rip again Dude!!

Bryan

based on what you wanna do, maybe email them tell them your weight, and what you want to do and they will help you choose

since its for next year a coiler race carve, pure race or a full custom for the same price of a speedster could also work out for you

did I mention Prior?

WCRs rock as well

If I were in your shoes I would go with a Coiler with world cup construction or super board, unreal how damp and forgiving those boards are, maybe the 178 PR GS

IMHO with coiler you get the most bang for your buck, a full custom will run you the same as a stock donek and about $50 more than a new speedster

http://www.donek.com/specs.htm there has got to be something on that page that will float your boat there are a whole mess of them on there

my reasoning is based on that I have dealt with Donek and Coiler quite a bit, they offer great service and superior product in the same price range

If I were in your shoes I would go with a Coiler with world cup construction or super board, unreal how damp and forgiving those boards are, maybe the 178 PR GS

That's what I'm getting but longer 186 or 188, hope it's ready by December.

Ive looked through both coiler and donek sites. The 178 PR GS with world cup construction goes for around $670 USD. I'm not too sure if thats going to be over my budget for a board. same with the donek for the most part. I plan to buy an F2 used or possible the one in classifieds right now. Seems like a good deal. I'm so conflicted! :smashfrea One thing I also need is te td2 step ins. Those i'm buying in september though.