Note to New Members ×

Leash on Raichle X-Bone

Guest dave_f

I snapped one this year while walking...chewed right through the nylon. Haven't replaced it yet, and I haven't had any problems either.

Edit: I also did mine the other way.

I looped the nylon part through my boot buckle and attached the key ring to the bail. Made the boot fit that much better in the bail that way.

________

Plymouth Caravelle History

Skatha,

such an irony isn't it? a snowboard is heavier and wider but the skis have pointier tips and maybe would go faster?

can we make this a poll? :cool:

would you rather be hit by a loose snowboard or a loose ski?

i'll go with ski (one reason to keep your goggles on)

is that skis have breaks, tele skiers are supposed to have leashes as well if they don't have breaks

I wish skis did have leashes though, pretty common for skis to become missiles falling from lifts

hardly ever happens with teles or snowboards

Skatha,

such an irony isn't it? a snowboard is heavier and wider but the skis have pointier tips and maybe would go faster?

can we make this a poll? :cool:

would you rather be hit by a loose snowboard or a loose ski?

i'll go with ski (one reason to keep your goggles on)

The ski binding automatically deploys little snowbrakes when it releases, effectively preventing the ski from ever going loose (yes it's possible for it to malfunction... but it's very rare if you think of how many times you see a skiier yard sale and yet their skis never go very far).

It was before my time, but the early snowboard bindings were not very secure it was somewhat easy for rider to be separated from his board - hence the big leash issues back in the day... but I haven't had a leash check in the last five years at least (since I don't use a leash regularly anymore)... has anyone else? In general loose boards (which are *deadly*) happen when someone unstraps and puts their board unsecurely onto the slope, or if they slip while walking and drop their board.

I have seen some skis flying down the hill on their sides...WOOPS! Didn't think of that one. Alot of powder skiiers have leashes on their skis, keeps the ski from sinking to the bottom of the pile when it comes off in a tumble. Its a really good idea, kinda like a leash on a surfboard, just keeps it from getting too far away when you're popped out.

________

Magic Flight Launch Box