Note to New Members ×

Surgery delayed

skatha

My first cadaver graft prep somehow screwed up. Now the surgery is going to be 5/3. Bad because that gives me 5 days to recover before I start the new job-I was really counting on having about 2-3 weeks. :angryfire

I will be further along recovering from my dislocated shoulder, though....

Maybe I should console myself with a new snowboard....any thoughts, Jack :rolleyes:

Ditching the remaining Burton board and getting an Incline?????

Guest dragonsword5

Well, I hope recovery and surgery goes well for you. I'm just recovering from ACL surgery.

Never had hospital food; I'm never in there long enough to want any :p Though there's a nice little restaurant in this one hospital that has really great chicken salad sandwitches. And really great Ice box cake.

....Now I'm hungry thinking about it. :p

At The Methodist Hospital (they get pissy if you're less than grandiose with the name) in Houston, the hospital cafe has a sushi bar, a taco bar, Asian food, BBQ, Italian, seafood.....

It's the fanciest cafeteria I've ever seen in a hospital....

Made the steam table in the doc's lounge at Spring Branch Med look like a joke....

Good luck with the ACL, dragon.....it took my knee a good 2 years to really feel locked in solid after recon #2 in 89.....

I picked the cadaver graft over using a donor site from my knee just because of questions I had with long term durability of a nonarticular cartilage plug(actually I would need 2-3) in an ankle that's going to continue riding. Since I'm suffering from the aftereffects of undiagnosed snowboarder's ankle, I look upon myself as a case study for all of us!

Skatha, you should come to connecticut. The night after my son was born we had steamed lobster and porterhouse steak in my wife's room, courtesy of the hospital. I guess when they charge as much as they do, they can afford to feed their patients well.

They do that for the new parents-your last meal that's not interrupted by a crying baby for the next 18 years or so :biggthump

I got something similar after my daughter Katie was born-it was kinda sad eating it by myself, but Carl is my ex- for a reason....