Note to New Members ×

Jiminy Peak: Hancock, Ma.

Dave ESPI

I am a snowboard instructor at www.Jiminypeak.com .There are 4 carvers on this mountain regularly. I'm switching over to hardboot and will be teaching in such this comming winter and would be happy to sponsor some pass discounts for a Carver League, or Ryder meetups. There are 7 good runs there that are perfect for carving and getting agressive leans on the face of to the point that the feeling of deep carving can almost be replicated on a softboot snowboard set in an agressive stance. Season resumed November 1, 2006.

Hope to see some of you all soon :)

October 28th update:

THE SNOWGUNS ARE UP AND RUNNING ! not cold enough yet to make it, but they are set and ready !

Bravo! another reason to visit Jiminy.

Im not a regular there, but i go as often as i can. I'll be there much more next season. My personal favorite run on earth so far is their very own fox run... not the best for carving, but something about the pitch makes it more fun than anything ive ever ridden.

Pow, the Transition off the main trail of Westway to that hard righthandturn for your first carve is one of my fave drop lips to air up and over and down into the trail then to hit the flats between Upper and Lower Fox where it chircaines a bit to the left then right and is flat then drops again and bottoms out at Willies Gulch ( where if you take a hard right into the face of the hill with speed, you can get some massive air up over the trail merge ! ( be sure to look first to see if anyone is comming, or better yet, use a spotter ;) )

This year, Jericho and Wild Turkey had been my faves as well as Whirlaway and the terrain park (always some fresh cordoroy in there even later in the day to carve in).

• 2 months later...

The MOUNTAIN COASTER is almost done !

Should be a sweet ride for us in the summer months.

I look forward to going over there to the resort in a few weeks and doing some Mountain Biking, and hitting that coaster as it is slated to be done construction in 10 days.

cheers,

D.

• 2 months later...

I went up to Jiminy last week for "EMPLOYEE NIGHT". Rode the coaster. it was fun, but not long enough of a ride. the alpine slide is far more fun (and dangerous) as many people who go too fast or lose control end up with friction burns, or abrasions of hilarity when they lean the wrong way :D

Fellow instructor Mark did such....

:lol:

Only 2 months till snow time ! it wil be 40 degrees tonight hre in ALbany NY...

WEEEE !!!!

• 1 month later...

I'm doing Sunday all day and Monday until 3:00.

When not in lessons, I'll be available to do "whatever".

Call the Snosports desk and ask for Dave "Espi" Sheedy , or hang out near the base lodge (JJ's Lodge) every hour on the hour when lessons are given and usualy I'll be popping around for "line ups". Look for my blue helmet.... it is the only one like it on the entire mountain or the northeast (possibly the world)....

5242554b3e21e90b19589403f5084a4b0_medium.jpg

http://image2.frappr.com/pix2/i/20060506/5/2/4/5242554b3e21e90b19589403f5084a4b0_medium.jpg

<CENTER>Some kinda cool new ratings came out: </CENTER><CENTER>Somethign to be proud of as an employee I guess :)</CENTER><CENTER> </CENTER><CENTER> </CENTER><CENTER>Jiminy Peak Ranks Nationally in Ski Magazine Top Resorts Issue</CENTER>Hancock, MA: Jiminy Peak is proud to announce that the resort was rated #8 in the nation for Family Programs by Ski Magazine Readers. This was the first ever national ranking for the resort. Readers also ranked Jiminy #17 overall in the East and in the Top 10 in the East in 5 other categories, unprecedented in Jiminy Peak’s history.

Jiminy’s rankings compared to approximately 115 other Eastern resorts are:

· Lifts #10

· Service #10

· Access #10

· Lodging #8

· Family Programs #5

The complete list of top ranking resorts throughout the country is available in Ski Magazine’s October 2006 issue. Ski Magazine’s Annual Resort Guide ranks the best in the nation through a survey of the magazine’s well-traveled and ski-savvy readers. The publication reaches over 1.6 million skiers a year.

Jiminy Peak is the largest ski and snowboard resort in Southern New England. More information can be found at jiminypeak.com.

Dude, its a good place to go on weekdays NON holiday, other than that its a zoo. The hill or acreage is not enough for the people it attracts. They have done a great job with the village and housing but I think what they have built in that aspect would suit a mountain 2 to 3 times the size. To me that equals way to many people on a small mountain.

It's wierd, but ive actually been there on a few weekends when there were no crowds at all! Me and 3 friends went into the halpipe to discover that we were completely alone. wierd to see a halfpipe deserted! But other weekends its pretty crowded.

• 2 weeks later...

Jiminy Peak is supposed to open Friday! I'm heading up there (arriving early for opening, hoping to make first chair, and leaving around 1 to get back home for work) for opening day. Does anybody want to make a few turns with me? I wont be very good, and could use some pointers. Any help/company would be appreciated!

-Steve

OH!!!!! achey pain at teh end of the day settling in for the car ride home is good......

You know it's a good time if you can fall, laugh, and get up to do it again 10 feet away in slushy heavy mashedpotatoes, 50 degree weather and no windchill on November 26th........

Conditions were like Spring Skiing. It's as if I never quit in April.....

Truly a nice way to start the new season indeed as if I had never left off last season

Had a few little hits and ramps built by kids in the ditches, so atleast a few of us got to take flight.

NOT HARDBOOT CARVING CONDITIONS !!!!!!

I tried laying down a tight carve on my regular board, and washed out. just not enough to get an edge into, so I'd say Hardbooters this is not the time of yer to be breaking out he big guns ... softboots and your "rock boards" are the rule.