Note to New Members ×

ec rider.....

excarving

Futahaguro: but it is so far away

I think it's cool having an overview and see the white sprays far away up on the hill.

+-+-+-+-+-+

With all due respect, but

I think these Korean ec rider should go to a snowboard school for to learn the basics of carving and snowboarding.

How anyone can write about ec rider and making videos of ec crashing to little boys or little girls instead? (see at 2min 27sec)

Good carving on slopes means to make turn thighter or wider on demand for to have control to the board and the direction where to carve.

We see again red safty-nets left and right of Korean slopes on that videos. We know now why they need that.

Around the Alps we don't have protection by safty-nets against crashing to trees or rocks,

dont-crash-to-the-trees-MtBlanc.JPG

dont-crash-to-the-trees-again-StMoritz.J

dont-crash-to-the-rocks-Lech.JPG

but we just know how to handle a carvingboard or skis if coming close to trees and rocks!

We did learn the basics of snowboarding and carving. We can handle a carvingboard in a precise way.

Edited by snowmatic

We see again red safty-nets left and right of Korean slopes on that videos. We know now why they need that.

Perhaps you are mistaken and what we see are not safety nets, but security fencing? Maybe this is a prison ski area where snowboarders are sent for rehabilitation of their dangerous technique. This sort of arrangement is not necessary in the Alps where rad-ness is encoded into everyone's DNA. I am currently on the lam, skipping out on a life sentence for terrible snowboarding.

Also in northern Italy they have safety nets, even it is not considered as part of Alps, i assume.

_full.jpg

But seriously, in some resorts it is strongly forbidden to ride outside of marked ski runs and safety nets are used to prevent skiers going there.

Edited by pokkis
  • Like 1

My quoting doesn't work but I agree that the far away shot at night shows some cool sprays but I still think it is too far away:)

I would definitely agree that anyone, ESPECIALLY if they are an instructor, should never come that close to hitting ANYONE.  What it looks like in the video is that the rider tried to set the heelside edge, which would have put them above the skiers, but chattered out so it sent them on the wrong line.  Just skip that carve, do a quick heel to toe turn and then lay out another carve to stay FAR away from them.  Even if you hooked up on the carve you would still have a lot of speed and the potential to really injure someone.

On a side note, why is that even in the video?