Note to New Members ×

K2/Nitro clicker

Lifeform

Did anyone ride new boots/bindings from K2 or Nitro clicker system, is it good for carving, how stiff/durable are boots, is there any play when boot is attached to binding, I hate strap binding, cant strap in without sitting down, and cant eliminate play, heel of a boot is lifting little in binding, if I tighten strap too much I get horrible pain in leg...

Edited by Lifeform

I do. Went kwickers last year and absolutely love them. Still has plenty of flex in powder but also supportive when carving. No play in boot to binding  connection. No more strap fatigue. I would expect boots would wear out like anything else eventually. I make a habit of cleaning boot out on the chair. I had to file rough casting edges on boot to get a consistent step and lock in. Even a hair of filing on binding back hook. It takes some practice but you can step in as you ride off the lift. Pisses off the skiers thinking they can get past me on powder days. Boots have the BOA lace system which rocks! Make the investment you wont be sorry

Edited by snowburn

• 4 weeks later...

Sold my 3 years old Driver X and Salomon Cypher bindings, got nice offseason discount, added 180 eur and bought new K2 clicker boots and bindings, nice connection boot to binding, great front/back edge transfer, no more strap fatigue, and really easy entry, I have my bindings at 36/30 and there is no boot out on 24.8 cm wide snowboard, no heel cup, no boot out, bindings are well made stiff and look durable, my boots are mondo 27, footprint is little smaller then on Driver  X, and feel more comfy, like Salomon Malamute, Driver X were really uncomfortable for my foot

weight for mondo 27

Weight for 1 boot/binding

Driver X : 1190 g

K2 Compass clicker: 1335 g

K2 clicker binding : 510 g

Salomon Chyper size M/L : 900 g

How come I didnt see this sistem exist before, strap in binding is obselete for me like step in was 20 years before, if I didnt buy this I would go for Fastec system, my girl friend has them and works great

• Like 1