Note to New Members ×

Marquette MI info?

jsa

I'll be riding Marquette Mtn on Saturday 3/11, anyone local that can tell me about the place? Events this weekend, current conditions etc...

Anybody else gone be there? It'd be cool to meet...

Edited by jsa

I haven't been there, but they get a good dose of lake effect snow.  "NMU Alpine Boarder" recommended it a few years ago. Please post a ride report after your trip. I'd be interested to know if it has good carving terrain.

Where do you usually ride?

Edited by bigwavedave

It's a fun hill, but weather here is sketchy at the moment, I suggest you bring 3 boards, a rock board, a short to medium carving tool, and a powder board. Last Spring we expected marginal, but we're welcomed by 15+ inches of Pow. Luke Palmer rides there, a handful of other carvers, try reaching out to him..

Fun mountain! The snow was crusty but the terrain was steeper than I'm used to in OH. They were only spinning two of four chairs and some of the trails were closed. I'd like to go back with better conditions. Seems comparable to other smaller east coast spots. There are a handful of wide runs you could really find a good rhythm on. I didn't see anybody else laying out turns. The place was kinda dead. I'll never complain about that!

I was impressed with the availability and quality of cheap motels in the area. I stayed at the Brentwood Motor Inn, under $70 for two beds, a couch, a recliner and a fridge and microwave.

Edited by jsa
  • Like 1