Note to New Members ×

Buck Hill Summer Skiing

bobble

they could set that progression air bag up higher on milkrun. 

at least buck has an airbag. are there any other places that have one?

is anyone going to try neveplast this season... let me finish... on rentals?

i thought they were going to lay neveplast from top of teachers pet down to the chair. haven't been by there yet to see if they've made it happen. 

• 1 year later...

decided to give this another shot... and pick up my season pass.

took my elan board that was damaged last time i did this 2 seasons ago. at the time the neveplast was on Milkrun. its now on Teachers Pet.

rode chair. its slower than normal. got to top. had difficulty sliding board down off the chair. when i clipped in, i couldn't get the board to move. had to hop and really shove the board. the neveplast is dry up there. once i got going i had no speed to turn -- had to hop the board to turn. at one point i fell on toe-side. i got up and tried moving in the direction of where the water was spraying. didn't make a damn difference.

i reached the midpoint of the run where the trees ended, gave up and walked down the run. i think i would've handled it better in softboots.  the whole time i was struggling to maintain balance.

walked out to the parking lot and met paul aka spinner. talked for several minutes. he said the run was very slow. he said the best part of the run is the final pitch but getting there is a pain. 

he told me of his search for high temp ptex. still hasn't found it. explained how he repairs the melted base along the edges which was something he learned from another board shop. he said he applies very thin layer of super glue and baking soda to the damaged area. build up the base layer by layer. when the super glue is above the edges, sand it back down to the edges.

paul seems very passionate about buck hill. not many people are riding neveplast this season. he has ideas on how to turn it around like installing mats to join chairlift with terrain park. its funny... the promotional images do show a path to join the runs but its not in place.

where's that @Speedzilla!!!

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, DonPablo said:

They had the Nevaplast at the top of the triple chair? That is sooo flat up top. That and the toe rope setup are both bad.

Looks like they have some of the snow guns setup on cross roads you can see from the web cam. Hope they have enough money to turn on them on.

yes, indeed it is flat. it was sketchy.; e.g. no lube, wide gaps between mats, narrow path, very slow. 

there just isn't a decent pitched run they can install the neveplast. 

i can't see the feasibility of this neveplast thing continuing. they had two people running the chair and one supervising the rope tow. probably another in the rental office. i haven't seen many people riding.

i would not be surprised to see it discontinued.