Note to New Members ×

Monarch 4/8

RDY_2_Carve

Heading up to Monarch 4/8. Probablly my last day of the season unless I manage to get further north later in April. Should be three of us total. I might bring Mark J. with us to make it four....

Tom how has it been? Turning to slush fast? Looks like Saturday might be a powder day. Good way to end the season!

Man, wish I could join you -- but I'm leaving town for a few days. Monarch is looking great -- I was there on Friday, and the snow was good, light powder dusting, excellent conditions. You can get an idea by checking the movie we shot -- look for "Prior Powstick" story on slackerdom.com home page.

Saturday Monarch is organizing a kayak boatercross race -- four kayaks sliding down at full speed in the same track. Wish I could see it, or even participate, but I won't be here. Let me know what it looks like :)

Have a blast,

tom.

John, just so you know -- I went this afternoon, they reported about 6" in past 24 by then. The powder was nice and pretty light, sitting on icy/crusty base. I took the Prior 4WD and could surf the powder until I got the board more than 20-30 on edge, and then it sank to the bottom and carved on the base. Fun stuff. They're predicting more snow tonight, so I hope the weekend will be great for you!

tom.

Funny I was going to email you and ask you how the conditions were for carving. Looks like I'll JUST bring the Axis and let'er rip!

Should be an awesome way to end the season. Really too bad you can't make it :(

If something comes up and you show up look for the same faces as last time. My boots are red with hot pink buckles so you can't miss me :) LOL

I should add -- today was a day for powder boards. Dr. Scott brought his Axis and gave up after one run, switched to softies. He had a lot more fun on that setup -- so if it looks like it's snowing tonight, you may want to reconsider!

tom.