Note to New Members ×

Gotta shout it out!

Miguel

I'm fifty seven years young and after about fourteen plus or minus years of snowboarding I feel like I'm finally and truly getting my **** together!:D I am having such a good year I can hardly contain myself. For some reason things are just clicking. Who the hell finally turned on that light bulb inside my thick skull? All of a sudden I'm not avoiding the steeps but on the contrary, I'm seeking them out. I always felt I rode OK but this year...well...at the risk of sounding like I'm bragging......I'm styling!:D Yeah baby!

I reread some of Jack's (and other's) articles and all of a sudden they seemed to make more sense. If I can attribute two things to my improvement I would say staying lower and concentrating on more angulation as the most important. Some other things such as maintaining a more upright upper body and keeping my butt in the proper position are also important.

It was 8 degrees today with some serious wind but the snow conditions were spectacular. We tore that mountain a new A Hole! I don't mean to be bragging...I just wanted to share the joy I'm feeling. I know I still have plenty to learn but I feel my riding has reached a higher plateau and I just wanted to share the joy.:D I hope you all are having an equally joyous year.

Miguel

Guest woodman

Seems like quite a few people are getting it together this season. That's why I love this site, it's a great source of information and helps to keep hardbooting progressive. Ride your heart out man and keep shoutin' it out!!!

Good carving,

Paul

Miguel,

Always great news to hear of carvers gettin' it. :)

I have to admit after reading those same articles (again and again). I am finally beginning to lay it down on both sides. My new 4x4 was carving up a storm. All of my carving friends were impressed. I hope to get a good carving pic soon.

After a few years of going mostly riding down the hill rather than carving across the hill, I have arrived. I'm carving tomorrow and then again on Tues/Wed. I save all the vacation I can for SB on weekdays. :D

Carve on,

Hugh