Note to New Members ×

Indy's vs Raichle Flexon comps

shane groshong

I currently ride in Raichle Flexon comps which I think are great. I have started to ride narrower boards so I have started looking at snowboard boots for the shorter length. The only snowboard boots I have used are Burton Wind which I thought were way too soft. So will Flexon Comps be comparable to Indys in terms of stiffness? I think that I will definitely need to buy the stiffer race tongues. What are your thoughts?

Shane

I have nothing to contribute regarding the comparison between Flexon and Indy boots. BUT... I'm thinking of trying Flexons as a way of being able to easily switch between carving and skiing ( I know... I said a naughty word... maybe I need to be spanked... oops, sorry, wrong thread) Also if Flexon boots work well enough for me for both it would allow me to travel with just 1 pair softboots, 1 pair hardboots.

What are your opinions about the Flexon Comps? I'd like to know what you (and others) think about them.

Are you thinking of getting rid of your Flexons? If so, what size are they, etc? I believe a mondo 27 from most brands works best for me.

Regards,

Brad

I think that they are great boots. I just got back into snowboarding after taking a 11 year vacation from hardbooting. They are what I used back in the day, and truthfully the only thing I know in terms of boots. Back then not many boots were available for snowboarding. I used to ski in them at the end of the season when I was burned out on snowboarding. I still know guys that ski in them just because they love the way they work. From what I hear Anton Pogue still uses them.

I am not interested in selling mine because I may still keep them if I don't like the indys. Thanks for responding. Shane

then you yould say the indy is a soft boot as in the the type that goes in strap bindings

chances are that you need to learn to ride with a softer boot, at first it feels funky but give it a couple weeks and you will never go back to ski boots

many of us here have been modifying our boots to get more travel and a overall softer flex, for example check out the bomber BTS

for info on the flexons vs indy do a search, this has been covered at least 30 times since this site went up in '99 or so

you could put the locking forward lean adjuster from older model bootson the indy, this is super stiff and would probably be a good half way point but I would for sure recomend using the springs after a little break in time