Note to New Members ×

No more jibber jabber park monkey

Guest rc30rob

Guest rc30rob

hey hey, ha, ive been wanting to ride hard boots and a carving board for ages ,its what made me want to take up boarding in the first place so a few weeks ago after a very dry trip to France (more snow in my freezer than on the slopes ) a friend who rode for A line boards and the Uk team has dug out some NEW Aigner boots , bindings that take ski boots and an old asymetrical burton board that was unbolted from the wall ,repaired,serviced and greased, off i went.FANTASTIC ,heel edge a bit sketchy ,toe edge cuts the mountain in two all of the other instructors took the P,oh how strange they have all been out on the same board having a whale of a time, they have even been teaching on it,buggers !If it aint stiff its no good to anyone

hey hey, ha, ive been wanting to ride hard boots and a carving board for ages ,its what made me want to take up boarding in the first place so a few weeks ago after a very dry trip to France (more snow in my freezer than on the slopes ) a friend who rode for A line boards and the Uk team has dug out some NEW Aigner boots , bindings that take ski boots and an old asymetrical burton board that was unbolted from the wall ,repaired,serviced and greased, off i went.FANTASTIC ,heel edge a bit sketchy ,toe edge cuts the mountain in two all of the other instructors took the P,oh how strange they have all been out on the same board having a whale of a time, they have even been teaching on it,buggers !If it aint stiff its no good to anyone

Welcome to the (hard)pack. Although I wouldn't admit to having an asym around here :)

Where were you in France? Round the Mont Blanc area we have more snow than we can deal with, have had all season. Praz sur Arly (where I work) will likely close with around 1m of snow at the bottom of the pistes...

Off to Val d'Isere on the 3rd, we'll see what it's like over there.

Simon

must.... resist....

nooooow jack!! lets not scare the new guy just yet he's having fun.:lol:

besides you should strap one on every once in a while just to make sure you are still the authority on the subject!;) You'll like it it feels naughty :lol:

just wear that big green monosuit you've got in the closet and nobody will even admit that they know you:lol:

Guest rc30rob

simon i was in val frejus and popped to val thorens it was that bad they were going to shut the resort for the french holidays,how long are you in val for .anyway i dont care what the board is as long as it works and i can learn on it i gather asym is a dirty word then ,all the more reason to ride one then he he,

check out the home page newbie links. He's positioned himself to get at the empty slates first:lol:

I gotta say though the price is right for the new guys to try assyms first.

you can pick one up for under fifty bucks. and sort of trade your way up through the tech changes. learn as you go.

simon i was in val frejus and popped to val thorens it was that bad they were going to shut the resort for the french holidays,how long are you in val for .anyway i dont care what the board is as long as it works and i can learn on it i gather asym is a dirty word then ,all the more reason to ride one then he he,

Blimey. I knew they had it bad on that side of the mountains, but shutting the resorts for the holidays - wow.

I live over here, if you're in the region look me up. I tend to stay clear of the bigger resorts personally, prefer the small to tiny places - less people and the grooming lasts longer :) Loads of good places for carving round here, and nobody knows about them...

Don't worry about the asym thing. It's a board, it rides, it carves, have fun with it. Plus you get to be a member of a very exclusive clique within an already exclusive club...

Simon

Guest rc30rob

simon if you e mail me at sunshinephg @yahoo.co.uk let me know where you are i may be able to meet up as i have no plans as where to go but i will be in france first and second week of april,ive got to go again cant wait till august to try this stuff again

uh oh Dr D. better get your guard up!

I was just bored and stirring the pot.:D

I actually have ridden two decades worth of stuff this season. Trying to pick up what I missed the last ten years or so. ITs been a great education. I am ready for a custom now. So next year I can freak out about people riding assyms too!:biggthump

Me and shred will have to do Big Mountain on the vintage PJ fleet at least once just to keep the board fired up though.:rolleyes: