Note to New Members ×

Bail fit on Scarpa Denali's

Guest ult

I've got a pair of Bomber Trench diggers, and ride in Scarpa Denali's. It seems as though the my boot is rather tight with the toe bail so that when I land air or put lot's of stress/pressure on the interface the toe bail pops off. I figure it's because the bail isn't wide enough for the boots, which aren't ridiculously big or anything...they're a typical size 9.5 (28.5?). Can I get wider bails? And if so would that fix the problem? Could I put washers where the bails connect to the plate to spread them wider? That seems a bit sketchy. I don't want to cut on my boots that much. Anyone else experience this?

(Hope this is the right forum for this type of question...apologies if not.)

Guest Zach Davis

With most AT boots, and specifically the Denali's, you have a few options:

1. Take a finishing, sanding bit to the Vibram plastic of the lug, right where the bails are pressing against it. Just grind out a little channel. There is enough material there to not affect the performance of the boot.

2. Call Fin, at Bomber, and order the wider bails that he designed for AT boots.

I use the wider bails, because I only ride in AT boots... i don't have any real snowboard hard boots.

Zach

Excellent...that's the word I was looking for....didn't really want to carver on the boots...I nkow it wouldn't be that big a deal and all...but I just don't feel like hacking on them.

Now I just have to figure out Fin's number at Bomber. I'm guessing if I poke around this site enough I'll figure it out though. Thanks for the tip/help Zach....powder to you and yours.

• 1 year later...

Honey...I'm home...

OK...so after a year or so of 'tuning' my T1 bombers, from the cant's to the bails, I got them mounted and rode them this weekend with the new 'AT' bails.

I know it's hard to believe from any of the people that might have read my posts...but I'm still a bit confused.

When I attach the AT toe bails am I supposed to add washers to the screws so the bails will be wider rather then tightening them down all the way? If I tighten them down all the way it seems like they're no wider then my older bails. I also notice upward pressure from my boot toe will flew the bail enough that enough of that pressure will probably pp it open...which was the problem I was having to begin with on the older, non-AT bails.

Once again...what am I missing?