Note to New Members ×

Recognotion from fellow skiers!

Mats

As we all know snowboards is the best way to use the snow. From swedish skimaker www.hendryxskis.se we also get recognotion from the skiing industry - read this: "Well, it is not just when it comes to offpist riding in powder snowboarders are superior over skis. If you have seen alpine snowboarders carve then you know what I mean and if you have not seen it you better check it out because it is crasy how deep they carve. After testings of my own skiis and some thinking and looking at our neighbouring snowboarders I have identified parameters that must be alternated in order to make a ski that can be carved deeper than to day."

Henrik who shapes the skis and runs the operation is a supercool guy. I showed him some of the old Purecarve videos and he just soaked it up!http://www.bomberonline.com/VBulletin/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=2#

Mats@alpinepunk.com

By R. Mark Elling uses alpine boarders to illustrate good body mass movement. It has a photo and drawings of snowboard carving. Several references to alpine in other chapters. The acknowledgement of "us" sold it to me, but it's a great book anyway.

BobD