Note to New Members ×

Alpine intrest

Guest pezboy

Guest pezboy

I have been riding for 5 years all mountain, no park. I am riding a ride 168 moutian with K2 clickers, which I have been happy with, but... I want more speed and have had ski boot envy. Now I have found this site and know I can add some TD2 step ins and hard boots, but would it be stupid to bolt that down to my current board? I am 6'3", 215 lbs from your perspectives what would be a good set up to ride groomer, crud, and heavy powder, fast?

thanks

I have been riding for 5 years all mountain, no park. I am riding a ride 168 moutian with K2 clickers, which I have been happy with, but... I want more speed and have had ski boot envy. Now I have found this site and know I can add some TD2 step ins and hard boots, but would it be stupid to bolt that down to my current board? I am 6'3", 215 lbs from your perspectives what would be a good set up to ride groomer, crud, and heavy powder, fast?

thanks

The Ride board would be "so-so", meaning you could ride it, but if you have the money, I would go with a true alpine all-mountain board like the Prior 4WD (priorsnowboards.com) or the Donek Axis (donek.com). There are a ton of hardbooter peeps in your area so see if you can sneak a few demo runs with their gear. Are you on a limited budget?

thanks

You need to come to OES, March 17 - 20 at Bachelor, if you can come up with some boots perfhaps someone can loan you some bidnings and a board and you cen see what the fuss is all about ;)

Keep your soft boot set up to ride in deep and heavy powder and bumps. You will have more fun in hard boots on harder snow conditions-groomed snow.I rode yesterday in heavy powder with my prior4x4. It is more fun to ride a soft boot setup in that condition as the prior is too narrow to float well although I made it work. I will be riding soft boots in deep powder now. The prior is a good board to try out with hard boots as it is eaiser to ride due to the wider width. Ride both hard and soft boots depending on conditions you can have fun carving hard in soft boots in soft snow. Have fun