Note to New Members ×

need some info on an '04 Oxygen supercross something?

jersey600

shoulda written down the specs, but i was in a hurry to get home before i fell asleep driving.

stopped at a local shop and while they dont carry any specific freecarving or hardbooting equipment, they showed me a 2004 Oxygen SuperX 159 i believe. Was a pretty solid board, brand new he offered it to me for $150. I want to jump on it but i don't know / have any luck finding any info or specs about it online (the board at the shop didnt have a factory sticker on it).

tail is not as round as the nose, not completely flat though.

any help/advice/info would be awesome.. im going to keep trying to find something about it online

basically i would need someone's opinion on the board and some specs if available.

waist, scr, stiffness, etc..

it seemed pretty stiff when i did my manly flex it on the floor test with it compared to my customx. :cool:

would this be a good board to put my soft bindings/boots on, or would that defeat the purpose.. i'm looking to have an all mountain board with a soft setup and a freecarve specific board with plates by next season if everything takes off!

:biggthump

I love my donek sasquatch 170 for carving in soft boots. I dont know much about the oxygen, but if you like carving in softboots I would recommend a donek. If the new price of 400 is too steep for you I did a breif search in the classifieds which yeilded this:

http://www.bomberonline.com/VBulletin/showthread.php?t=9893&highlight=donek+incline

apparently its still for sale for $100, although it doesnt seem to be in perfect condition.

I researched this board back in the day...it has a narrow waist for a soft boot board..23.5-24cm I believe. It's suppose to be fairly stiff, fast and pretty good.

If you are getting a full blown hardboot setup, then I would not recommend this board for all mountain riding given the waist width and stiffness. This would be a good compromise if you could only buy 1 board and you wanted a hard charging machine for all mountain riding. The price is very good, but I personally would go for something more soft flexed if I was going with 2 setups