Note to New Members ×

Plates for Sic t 2

jtslalom

Sic t 2,

I rode Mountain Creek Monday and Wednesday mornings. Wednesday I rode the Renn Tiger for the first hour and was RIPPING CARVES. I do love to get back on my RT every now and again but it is true what you told me, once you go back to soft riding it's tough to go back to hard riding. Well needless to say, I switched back to the soft board around 10:00. I rode with Eric J for two runs around 12:30 and then went home exhausted. Friday I went up to Stratton to ride. I had a great day riding with some hard booters showing them it can be done on a soft board. I rode with a guy named Shaggy and two ladies who all ripped turns. Saturday I rode at Sugarbush. All together it was a good week. Sorry I didn't post but I just got back on line tonight (Sunday). You are still welcome to the plates I was telling you about. I will be riding this Tuesday or Wednesday night. I will post which night by tomorrow. I will throw the plates in my car and will bring them with me so you can get them.

JT,

I rode Hunter yesterday (Tues) and today I did a full "bluebird" day at the Creek. Epic carve conditions. Epic Tequila too.

I've been trying to emulate your style. I feel I can do it on my Burton Balance if I increase the forward lean a notch. That is key. And the hand out in front is VERY KEY. I went to Hunter with those settings and it devoured me in one run though. High speeds, rough terrain don't take kindly to a that much forward lean. Well, if you expect to keep up with skiers and last more than 2 hours anyway on a major mountain anyways.,, But for the Creek the setup is way cool.

Flows do not allow me to emulate your style. The backs can't be leaned forward enough. When I crouch down I just don't get enough healside response to pull it off convincingly.

Hot Creek South move (during the week) is coming off the racer hill and when you meet the common intersection (right above the lift line area), burn a circle aroud the "SLOW SKIING" sign they keep in the middle. I can't carve 270 degrees but then I have to drop flat to complete it. But I at least get it. I'm still way behind you on the 360 action.

I may not be riding Creek again until next week. Thursday I will sit out and Friday I got Hunter in mind again. Do want those plates though. We'll hook up.

Later,

Ken..

• 2 weeks later...

JT,

Hang onto the plates for next season. I'm done with the Creek (now that south is closed) and my other sport is firing up now anyway. I'll definitely be knocking for the plates when next season comes around though. Great riding with you. Except that .... I thought I was the king of softboots until I rode with you. Now I know I'm just another spode !

Pull up the bassboat and say hi if you are on the lake this summer.

Sic

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. Snowboarding season ended for me about two weeks ago. We got into a bad car accident where my wife sustained some pretty bad back injuries. Since then I have been very busy with things. I do still have the plates and I will hold on to them for next season unless you want them now. Just let me know either way.

I hope your wife heals up fast. This is such bad news.

Yes, please hold onto the plates. I'm thinking about getting rid of the Donek Incline since I always reach for it instead of my alpine board when I'm looking for something different at Mount Creek. And that's not good since its virtually reduced my alpine riding to zero now.

Say, it will be a long, hot summer. If you are on the lake with the bass boat please stop by the house (here's your navigation charts. ). We can have a beer on the deck. Bring the wife. Some swimming would be good for rehab. Just tie up and bring the beer --- and your mornings "catch" to fry up !

Or maybe we'll all just go to Eric's restaurant in Bellvale one Saturday night and have a nice summer night out with the wives and talk 360's.

Sic

I don't think my wife will be on the boat this spring or summer but I will try to stop by. I might go to Greenwood the week of my April break. That will begin two weeks from this Saturday. I will post to let you know. This might come to a surprise to you but Mountain Creek was blowing snow at the base of north on Wednesday and Thursday mornings. I think they are going to be open this weekend. There still is a good amount of snow on the slopes with a minimum of bare spots at North. I don't know if it is worth while to ride there but if you're dying to get out for the last time, it might be worth it to take a ride over. Post if you go because I might have a chance to get out in the late morning or early afternoon on Saturday.

Oh, my other sport started last Sunday already. . We go every Sunday and wednesday) now until Nov 1. So I'm pretty much skunked for the rest of the year.

By all means stop by if on the lake. I'm on the east shore about 1,000 feet south of Chapel Island.

Geez,, I feel so bad about what happened to your wife. I hope recovery is a lot quicker than anyone anticipates now.

Sic

Well,

Laura is in a temporary back brace for right now. It is removable but she needs to wear it for the next 2 - 3 months. After this she can start physical therapy to strenghten the injured area and it's surrounding muscles and tendons. She is not bed ridden but moves about slowly. She can go about her daily routine with caution but can't pick up anything greater than five pounds. This caomes at a bad time since we just adopted a little 10 month old boy. Thank goodness my father-in-law is retired and spends his days over our house to help my wife. Our four year old has also been a big help. Laura will make a good recovery, although losing some mobility, she will be able to do a good deal of what she once did. No working for her for the next 6 months though.