Note to New Members ×

Burton Universal Cant adapter screws- just screws

FTA2R

I checked the Carver's Almanac and they don't have the part number. It has to be an M6 in order to thread into the inserts on the board so I have that much. But if you can measure the length of the threaded part as shown in the attached photo I can give you the part number from McMaster Carr that you need.

My guess is it's going to be an 8mm. But that's a guess from counting the threads in your picture.

->Ben

post-10-141842215591_thumb.gif

nice diagram! did you just make that up or grab it from the web? if the former, did you use Visio?

I'm going back to Home depot right down the road to see if they have anything but I'm almost positive they didn't last time...

just fyi though, this is def. not a "standard binding bolt" ..thread is shorter and the "head" is much fatter, thicker.

threaded part is 5/16 inch sorry i don't have a metric ruler, i will go to the HW store shortly...America needs to convert

Barry

Well, I don't think that you'll find it at the Depot since they sell very little metric screws and even fewer stainless ones at that. If you have an ACE hardware in town they may have it as they have a good selection of stainless metric screws. What you are looking for it a Phillips M6 x 8mm screw. It's part number 92000A417 at www.mcmaster.com. They are $8.82 for a pack of 50 screws. They also take a #3 phillips driver too. Attached is drawing of the actual screw that you are looking for.

BTW, I stole the picture of the web from the mcmaster web site for the screw that you need.

Regards,

->Ben

post-10-141842215594_thumb.gif