Note to New Members ×

WTB:TD bindings for skwal

Guest snobehorde

I don't know much since I can't seem to get the site to speak english.

what is the price range average? new and used. I am a big guy and I assume they are sized accordingly? 6'3" 265 LBS I also assume that I would need one that is designed more toward the beginner. I have alpine snowboarded for 14 years but I don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing in this application.

It looks very similiar to slalom waterskiing which I have done since my youth so maybe there is no problem learning the skwal. Anyway some information about choices would be great

D

Guest snobehorde

The skwal is easy for the carver rider:) , so your experience in alpin snowboard is a good thing.

I have tried a lot of skwal and in fact that depends on what one likes to do.

For you I think that the following skwal will be good board :

- Monocarver by VOLKL size 175cm radius 14.5 meters not very expensive (in used for 250-300€)

- FC180 byTHIAS size 180cm radius about 14 meters (in used about 300€) but difficult to find.

- the best for me are The Xrace by Mpride www.mpride.net (for all detail) it's possible to buy online but the price is expensive but it's the best skwal(my choice Xrace173):) . the price about 650€ (new of course) but not with binding :-(

The bindings cost about 160€.

In the first time for you I think the Monocarver will be a good choice and after if you like skwal you can buy a Xrace.

If you want I can search for you a skwal ???

Snobehorde

• 2 weeks later...
Guest snobehorde

Hi Bob,

The Contest 180 by lacroix is a very good skwal with a hard flex and a large radius specially made for the race slalom "CONTEST".

But it's very difficult to find bindings for this skwal and a lot of people custom this board with insert. For more explication use http://skwalzone.org/forums2/index.php?act...ct=ST&f=5&t=338.

regards,

Stephane

• 3 weeks later...
Guest snobehorde

Hi D,

I found for you a skwal with bindings (LACROIX Contest with seabright) price 200€ about 250USD more shipping of course.

Let me know if you are interesting ?

snobehorde (Stephane)

Hi D,

I found for you a skwal with bindings (LACROIX Contest with seabright) price 200€ about 250USD more shipping of course.

Let me know if you are interesting ?

snobehorde (Stephane)

there are several of us looking at going in a skwaal together. see the community board. I think we would be interested if the other doesn't work out