Note to New Members ×

Mountain Creek Idiots

jtslalom

Sic t 2 made reference to all the idiot snowboarders who ride at north peak. Well yesterday I rode at north and actually listened to some of the conversations between snowboarders. One went something like this. While one patron bumped anothers board while entering the lift area, the one said " What the f*#$ are you f$#@ing doing a*$hole?" The response was something like, " Go f*#$ yourself a#@hole!" A small argument followed with alot of other swears and gestures. I personally feel the snowboard youth has a deep understanding of the English language and can describe their emotions and feelings using choice adverbs and adjectives.

I rode South for a while today then it got so slow I went to north and did those mini mogul fields they got there. Not bad really. But the crowd on that side is really aggressive. You really got to size up which gondola your going to ride in. I'd say 1 out of 5 looked like big trouble today (and/or annoying) and its best to pass for another one.

And as hot as the weather was everyone looks like a bank robber on that lift. Goggles down in the lift line with a full face kerchief. Like what's that all about? Everyone has to have that Shawn White image even if they can't breathe in there. Even the hitler youth natzi, that checks for those extra passes into the park area, has to wear goggles to stand under a tent in this heat. You just don't see that weirdness anywhere else but MC.

(( tough to carve most of today. two turns and you grind to a stop ))

Sic

I was there from 11:30 to 4 and i didnt see you guys (i had a black jacket, red helmet, and donek FC...later switched to freeride). I havent had any real problems with the high schoolers. I do take issue with the under 14 crowd. They dont care about anyone else's property. Today 2 kids successively ran into my freeride board...and after confronting them they dont even apologize. Its rediculous. Seems like thier parents never tell them how to behave. Maybe i scared them off. Other than that I had fun...finally got some carving in.