Note to New Members ×

Translating Bomber lift/cant to Catek lift/cant

jishaq

I've always preferred Bomber TD's for their simplicity. I got all dialed in with my bombers, and I want to translate my cant/lift settings directly to my Catek step-ins on my other board.

Anybody who has a pair of Cateks knows that this is a very difficult task, involving counting # of screw turns, rather than just slapping on a 6 degree plate. :)

I came across Catek's Tilt Calculator , which lets you enter a desired cant and lift (in degrees), and tells you exactly how many turns each of the four lift screws require to dial in. Stoked! Now I just need some help deriving these two values from my TDs, because the cant and lift provided by the TD plates varies with respect to the binding angle.

I need formulae that yield cant and lift of a TD plate, in degrees, given the binding angle and plate degree (0, 3, 6) as an input.

Specifically, I have a 3 degree (toe lift) cant plate on my front binding, with a 65 degree binding angle. I have a 6 degree (heel lift) cant plate on my rear binding, with a 60 degree binding angle. What are my actual lift and cant settings, in degrees?

Thanks folks. Happy carving!

-Jeff

hmm, not sure I should help ;) but here are the equations for determining degrees of lift/cant for a TD1 disc:

lift = (disc angle) * sin(binding angle)

cant = (disc angle) * cos(binding angle)

disc angle = 3 or 6

binding angle = 90 for straight inline with the board, 0 for straight across the board.

While you're at it, you should experiment with using pure lift on either or both feet. I like pure heel lift on my back foot, and the TD1 style cant/lift blend on my front foot.

-Jack

Originally posted by Jack Michaud

hmm, not sure I should help ;) but here are the equations for determining degrees of lift/cant for a TD1 disc:

lift = (disc angle) * sin(binding angle)

cant = (disc angle) * cos(binding angle)

disc angle = 3 or 6

binding angle = 90 for straight inline with the board, 0 for straight across the board.

Thanks Jack!

-Jeff