Note to New Members ×

ak_rider

There were i believe 2, maybe more, riders that threw down the 1260 in men's halfpipe in Italy. Just wondering if anyone else thinks the recent spin to win trend is making snowboarding, and skiing for that matter, a bit stale. I mean, where the style? in my opinion a styley 7 or 9 with a solid grab held thoughout the whole spin is more impressive than a 10 or 12 with no grab and the rider just trying to get the whole spin in.

This same comment was made by Todd Richard's concerning the touch grabs vs the held grabs for the 1080's and more so in the 1260 which is all spin and NOOO style (right now). I believe in Style over Tech, Hosoi over Hawk etc. The hangtime required to make a grabed 1260 look stylish is beyond the present halfpipe (and riders), 2-3 years from now that may change. However for me the point is moot...I can barely make a 360 look unsketchy never mind stylish (well not entirely true but close enough) I was always a 180 guy especially when you call it a "Half Cab".

I remember in the early 90's when people said the same thing about 900's. Now you say you'd rather see a styley 9 then a 1260 or more. Soon the 1080's and 1260's will be considered less hucked and have more style to them. It is hardley as recent "spin to win trend".

Also many guys are grabing and making 1080's look styley. I thought Shauns 1080 was grabed well and looked good.

Guest dragon fly jones

The grab and the style. Heck it was not that long ago that back to back 5's were the shizz, toss in a rodeo. Then 720 fronts and backs to massive loopty loo's. Now these fools are throwing 10's with style and grace.

What was the point again?